Talk

Advanced search

Can you please explain?

(44 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

HerRoyalFattyness Fri 24-Feb-17 10:26:32

Why this thread was deleted.
The message claims it was a TAAT. It wasn't. It was another sweary thread in a long line of sweary threads. It was the next installment in a long running series of threads that people were enjoying.

BastardGoDarkly Fri 24-Feb-17 10:34:19

That I never got to read, as fucking Doris took my power out for 20 hours!!

.... Did Gin buy a turd coloured car?

Has Lead buried the Italian?

Does Fattys colleague know what a cat is?!

Really not cool MNHQ confused

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Fri 24-Feb-17 10:38:15

Agree with Fatty, there's been sweary threads since the dinosaurs. We were having great craic about 90s fashion too.

SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 24-Feb-17 10:38:31

I am at a loss as to why it was deleted. Personally I think someone got their kecks in a twist o er the title and made out it was just a goady thread to make it disappear. Ridiculous. It was a follow up thread of a long running sweary thread. Could they not just change the title like they have in the past. I even stated that on the bloody thread! I said I will gi e it a day before it's changed because it did the last time the cunt word was used in the title.

What's happening to MN these days. I'm seriously tempted to just fuck off if I can't be myself on an adult forum for fucks sake.

HerRoyalFattyness Fri 24-Feb-17 11:04:57

Does Fattys colleague know what a cat is?!

I'll ask on Monday and let you know grin

SumThucker Fri 24-Feb-17 11:15:00

Just come on to ask this, I've been here years and have always noticed the sweary thread, posted on it for the first time yesterday and now it's a TAAT?! Eh? confused

SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 24-Feb-17 11:18:54

SumThucker it's you <points> you cursed it!

grin grin

SumThucker Fri 24-Feb-17 11:21:53

As soon as I'd written that I thought the same Gin grin

SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 24-Feb-17 11:23:58

Be off with you oh cursed one. 😱

Only joking grin

SumThucker Fri 24-Feb-17 11:25:15

grin

UnbornMortificado Fri 24-Feb-17 11:27:06

I wondered the same, the sweary threads have been around forever.

SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 24-Feb-17 11:31:53

Thank you Unborn

See MN it is an ongoing thread!

We have lost our nekkid butler recruits aswel.

<weeps into pile of unused tinsel uniforms>

Saucery Fri 24-Feb-17 11:35:46

Was it the one with 'we cunt think of one?' In the title? That made me laugh.

SumThucker Fri 24-Feb-17 11:38:42

Yes, Saucery. Makes me wonder after the thread the other day asking if there should be swearing in thread titles or not, if it's been reported. But why a TAAT? That doesn't make sense.

Saucery Fri 24-Feb-17 11:43:22

I agree. Easy to change a thread title, after all.

SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 24-Feb-17 11:44:15

It's bonkers. I have the 1st page still open on ny phone and have taken screen shots. It was not about a thread and can prove it. The thread was mentioned but only because someone posted they had posted on the swearing in titles thread. I have proof and I am a bit perplexed by how it is a taat. Unless there is thread about hideous shell suits and other 80s 90s fashion I can't see where the problem is. We were looking back in time. Well most of us were Fattys to fucking young to remember it all grin

SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 24-Feb-17 11:58:03

Screen shots

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Feb-17 11:58:53

Hi all, thanks for posting and we're happy to explain a few things. <hoiks up bra> Please be assured that MNHQ has no intention of clamping down on the sweary threads, perish the fucking thought, frankly. We did get a report that this thread was in response to a recently deleted thread, and we did see several references to it on there, which is why we understandably called TAAT. However, on reflection we do admit we may have been a touch hasty in zapping given that the previous sweary thread was nearly full- so we accept that the new one was a continuation, not a deliberate TAAT and the timing was a coincidence. We are sorry about that. blush flowers

We can reinstate if the OP wants us to, unless you'd prefer to carry on with the latest thread. Let us know.
Thanks
MNHQ

SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 24-Feb-17 11:59:51

Screen shots

SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 24-Feb-17 12:01:05

They may not be in order btw

SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 24-Feb-17 12:03:08

Would be nice to have it put back Becky
Was it a bit hectic in MNHQs last night?

grin gin

SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 24-Feb-17 12:04:07

Actually I know why it was deleted. It was theeeeeeeese!

AdoraBell Fri 24-Feb-17 12:09:27

Gin I reckon Bastard needs to ask for it reinstated mate. Becky said if OP wants.

WhiskeySourpuss Fri 24-Feb-17 12:12:55

Gin I drank enough wine to block out the memory of those monstrosities last night... I'll need to buy more now grin

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Feb-17 12:12:58

@SheWhoDaresGins2 MNHQ is fuelled by tea and bourbon (biscuits) wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now