Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ here: Full Fact asks "What is Fake News?"

(7 Posts)
FinnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-Feb-17 16:34:33

Hello,

Full Fact, the independent fact-checking charity, have been in touch with Mumsnet about a new video they've produced looking at the now-ubiquitous concept of 'fake news' and attempting to unpack what different things are meant by the term. You can see it here:

Full Fact faciliated a webchat last June on the EU Referendum which we know many of you enjoyed -- so please feel free to watch the video and tell us what you think.

Thanks,
MNHQ

building2017 Wed 22-Feb-17 10:52:11

This is also helpful and a bit more informative.

firstdraftnews.com/fake-news-complicated/

roseshippy Thu 23-Feb-17 13:14:26

that video is absolutely terrible, did they record it in a toilet?

and why does it need to be a video? Their point

there are

(a) item 1
(b) item 2
(c) item 3

that could be called 'fake news' except you need to listen to it twice to here what the items are.

roseshippy Thu 23-Feb-17 13:14:36

' hear'

PippilottaViktualia Thu 23-Feb-17 20:34:04

Um... is this aimed at adults? It seems like the sort of thing a Modern Studies/Politics teacher might put on for a class of young teenagers, to start off a discussion. To be honest the sound quality seems as if the film might've been made by said young teenagers. Bit odd, really.

WaegukSaram Fri 24-Feb-17 02:03:07

It's an awful video, dreadful sound quality and poor graphics.

Sorry Full Fact!

ImNotDancing Fri 24-Feb-17 21:09:00

i hate the term fake news so much I got caught rolling my eyes on TV when someone mentioned it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now