Talk

Advanced search

Thread name inexplicably changed?

(14 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Gallavich Fri 17-Feb-17 16:32:52

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/2852624-Just-when-you-thought-Everyday-Transactivism-could-no-longer-surprise-title-edited-by-MNHQ?msgid=67026826

Any reason why?
Thanks

Ifitquackslikeaduck Fri 17-Feb-17 16:37:10

I'd be interested to know too especially as it changes to title meaning.

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-Feb-17 16:40:18

Hi there, we did indeed edit that title as it was construed as goady by some and we wanted to avoid having to pull the thread for breaking our TGs.

BarrackerBarma Fri 17-Feb-17 16:43:39

It's impossible to stay within the forum rules if said rules are not clear. What was wrong with the title (that would also be wrong with every other similar title)

BarrackerBarma Fri 17-Feb-17 16:44:23

Construed as goady to whom? How?

PencilsInSpace Fri 17-Feb-17 16:51:40

It's a thread about a website. Why are we not allowed to say a website is ridiculous?

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Fri 17-Feb-17 16:52:52

This seems like a really stretched definition of goady - who is it trying to goad?

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Fri 17-Feb-17 16:58:02

So we are ok with cunt

But we have issues with ridiculous

CaoNiMa Fri 17-Feb-17 17:01:11

Yes, I'd be interested to know whom MNHQ believes the title was "goady" towards.

As with any thread, there is space within it for counter arguments to be aired and challenged.

Gallavich Fri 17-Feb-17 17:06:54

MNHQ seriously?
You also kind of missed the point of the report I imagine...

shins Fri 17-Feb-17 17:23:47

Everyday Feminism IS ridiculous. It's trite, misogynistic, homophobic and has NOTHING to do with feminism. It is run by undereducated overprivileged millenials, a quarter of whom are MEN like Riley J Dennis who thinks lesbians should have sex with him or they are like racists.

mirrorisnotmyfriend Sat 18-Feb-17 09:42:40

Shins, totally agree about Everyday Feminism. It is the enemy of women.

MNHQ emailed me and ask if they could edit the title. I wasn't thrilled - but would rather they changed the title than zapped the whole thread. My guess is that they were anxious EF might spot it and take action - they're not known for their tolerance of opposing views.

GiddyGiddyGoat Sat 18-Feb-17 09:44:43

The fucking irony!

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sat 18-Feb-17 09:48:21

What possible action could EF take?! I thought the limits to free speech were basically libel and incitement to violence and I don't see how it could be construed as either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now