Talk

Advanced search

Any chance of a night mode?

(10 Posts)
Wildidle Sun 12-Feb-17 05:00:05

I like many others often use the app when I'm up at night with my LO, and a night mode would avoid me being blinded at 4am! (I'd probably use it all the time tbh, but that's just personal preference!)

celeryeater Sun 12-Feb-17 05:07:26

Can't you just turn down the brightness on your phone or console?

ScarletForYa Sun 12-Feb-17 05:08:17

You can get a blue light filter app free online.

Wildidle Sun 12-Feb-17 05:09:54

I do both of those thanks, but there's still a massive difference between a white background and a black one. It works well on other apps so I don't think it's a particularly unusual request.

MistressMolecules Sun 12-Feb-17 06:20:30

Are you on an iPhone? If so you can use accessibility (in settings - general) which will invert the colours giving you s black screen. You can also set up a short cut (I use home button - 3 quick successive presses) to avoid the rigmarole of going into settings all the time.

Poosnu Sun 12-Feb-17 06:35:14

Or on iPhone Settings - Display and Brightness - there is a night shift which you can program on times. You can also turn brightness right down.

Paninotogo Sun 12-Feb-17 06:39:01

How does that work? You can choose the background? Just dim your own screen surely?

user1484226561 Sun 12-Feb-17 06:48:24

well lots of dyslexics can't read a black screen, so no, it would be very excluding, plus it is always night for someone.

just adjust your own device

NumbNelly Sun 12-Feb-17 06:53:35

I think an optional night mode would be great. I use it when I use Reddit and when I'm using my Kindle app on my phone.
Turning down the brightness is nowhere near as good as night mode

picklemepopcorn Wed 15-Feb-17 16:43:55

Night mode is really good. It removes specific wavelengths of light making it better for reading when you are trying to get to sleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now