Talk

Advanced search

Mobile site not working on Android phone

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

LadyMetroland Thu 09-Feb-17 07:44:58

Title say it all really

It's been like this for a week or so. Other sites work fine. Haven't changed any settings recently. What could be wrong?

leccybill Thu 09-Feb-17 07:47:32

I'm on it right now on a Samsung S6 (Android), no problems?

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 09-Feb-17 08:53:32

Hi LadyMetroland,

Can we ask what device you're using? Are you getting an error on screen at all?

LadyMetroland Thu 09-Feb-17 20:06:00

I'm on a Sony Xperia z2 and use chrome as my browser

Oddly, I think the issue only affects Talk. If I click on the mumsnet logo it takes me to the homepage, correctly formatted for mobile. But if I click on a talk thread, it moves to tiny desktop view and is nearly impossible to read.

LadyMetroland Thu 09-Feb-17 20:09:24

Oh and no error message at all

Actually I just clicked on reviews and then food - and same issue, so it's just the homepage that loads correctly

RosaRosaRose Fri 10-Feb-17 07:16:03

Mine changed overnight. From readable talk theads only to whole page showing including sidebar but in miniature. Magnification is possible but you have to slide across the page then. Impossible to use. Can you fix it mumsnet? I miss the chat.

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Feb-17 11:53:27

RosaRosaRose, thanks for letting us know - how are you accessing the site? let us know and we'll keep investigating.

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Feb-17 12:31:46

Hi LadyMetroland, if you could send us a screenshot that would really help, tech will take a look for you and hopefully we can get this one sorted for you.

RosaRosaRose Fri 10-Feb-17 14:03:23

On Vodafone Android mobile. Been good as gold until last night.Chat threads readable and user friendly, in colour, too! New mobile version offered is very basic. Won't use the site unless the original us restored because its just too difficult to navigate. Shame because I visit every day.

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Feb-17 15:17:53

Thanks for coming back to us RosaRosaRose, would you send us a sceenshot and we'll take a closer look for you.

RosaRosaRose Fri 10-Feb-17 18:47:30

While looking for how to do a screen shot I saw Mobile Site
Clicked and good to go!
Must have dropped off. Happy again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now