Talk

Advanced search

Confused about a post deletion

(4 Posts)
ThaliaLuxurySpa Tue 31-Jan-17 13:27:01

Quick question:
I've tried reading PPs' queries, and am familiar (or at least thought I was) with the Talk Guidelines etc., but I'm still puzzled as to why a post was deleted (my first ever to have been).

It certainly wasn't for any of the obvious stuff (trolling/ spamming/ personal attacks/ offensiveness etc.)...my post was on a Housekeeping thread asking for scented candle recommendations!!

I did provide a direct link to a candle manufacturer's official site, but so did other posters. (Kind of the point of the thread!). Might that have been construed as promoting or something? I have zero personal connection to the company.

Or is it classed as copyright infringement?

I don't want to inadvertently contravene rules. Could someone please clarify so I don't commit another Crime Against Mumsnet?

Thanking you muchly.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 31-Jan-17 13:47:27

Hi there ThaliaLuxurySpa

Firstly, oops! blush

Totally our bad - we've been battling some pretty relentless housekeeping spammers recently and it appears we were a bit overzealous with your post.

We always tend to err on the side of caution and we do hate when we get it wrong.

We've reinstated the post now and we really hope this clears things up.

ThaliaLuxurySpa Tue 31-Jan-17 13:50:39

No worries, LornaMumsnet! Thanks for the speedy reassurance.

Phew...am very relieved...thought I'd inadvertently blotted my (pristine white halo) copybook.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 31-Jan-17 13:52:40

You're still pristine, promise! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now