Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else have problem clicking YouTube links with no sound?

(15 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

HelpMeHelpDS Sat 28-Jan-17 15:23:46

Only happens when someone does a link on Mumsnet, but it always seems to happen! Doesn't happen from news websites or Facebook etc, or from YouTube directly. Only when it's a link from Mumsnet. Other than that the clip plays fine!

Does anyone else have this and does anyone know what I can do about it? I'm using iPhone 7 with latest iOS (10.2.1)

Thisrabbitthatrabbit Sun 29-Jan-17 18:14:29

I do too.

SoupDragon Sun 29-Jan-17 18:19:44

Nope.

Unless I've forgotten to take my iPad off mute.

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 30-Jan-17 12:44:50

Hi there HelpMeHelpDS,

Sorry you've having trouble getting sound to play on Mumsnet links to Youtube. Let us know what browser you're using and we'll do our best to help

HelpMeHelpDS Mon 30-Jan-17 13:29:06

I've got safari on the phone but I don't use that. I use the app.

Thisrabbitthatrabbit Mon 30-Jan-17 16:17:19

Is your phone on silent? I don't mean the volume turned down but the ringer turned off IYSWIM. I think that might make a difference.

BlankTVscreen Mon 30-Jan-17 18:51:17

Me too - using app on an iPhone

HelpMeHelpDS Mon 30-Jan-17 20:28:00

No, I ch caked that by seeing if YouTube itself worked directly, which it did.

HelpMeHelpDS Mon 30-Jan-17 20:28:14

*checked!

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 31-Jan-17 11:36:01

Hello, HelpMeHelpDS!

Sorry to be a pain but could we ask you to try using the mobile site rather than the APP?

Do let us know if it does/doesn't work - this could help us pinpoint where the issue is coming from.

HelpMeHelpDS Tue 31-Jan-17 18:53:27

Hello Lorna.

Really strange thing but when I click on safari and go into Mumsnet from there, it plays fine. If I click on the app straight after, it actually works! Then, a few minutes later if I click on the app it won't give sound again. I have to go back to the safari to get it to work afterwards on the app again.

It's like it won't allow the app to work unless I've just clicked it in safari (very recently). I left it any hour between safari and the app, and it didn't work on the app until I'd gone into it via safari again first.

hmmconfused

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 01-Feb-17 15:56:45

Hello HelpMeHelpDS

Thanks for that update.

Tech are currently having a good dig into this - we'll get back to you as soon as we know more!

YetAnotherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Feb-17 15:12:32

Hi there,
Sorry for the delay in responding, we are rather hoping that this problem has resolved itself as when our Techs took a look they declared that it's all working fine from this end, sorry. It's really basic and we're sure you'll already have done it, but if the problem persists it might be an idea to clear your cache and cookies etc?

HelpMeHelpDS Wed 08-Feb-17 23:28:58

Ok, thanks for looking into it. I will clear and let you know if there are any further problems - or if it's resolved. It's really odd it's ok in the safari route but just not the app, but fingers crossed it may work.

tygr Thu 16-Feb-17 01:00:56

Just noticed this thread - having the same problem on iOS on the app. If I click through to YouTube then sound plays fine but not when the video is embedded in the post - vision playing fine but no sound.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now