Talk

Advanced search

Beta App test issue.

(10 Posts)
WatcherOfTheNight Sun 15-Jan-17 18:42:39

This is a new one,I'm used to losing bookmark but today they all come at oncegrin

@TimMumsnet I've had a lot of double posts since the new app test,I'm now getting double bookmarks.confused
I'm using iPhone 6+ App.

cozietoesie Sun 15-Jan-17 19:38:59

I've had that a bit. They don't seem to last, do they? Disappear with - the next post is it?

WatcherOfTheNight Sun 15-Jan-17 20:12:42

Not just me then Cozie!
Mine stayed though.

I've also just had a sort of strobe like effect on a thread,3 "MNHQ have deleted this thread" messages one after anotherconfused
I had to delete each deletion message.
Most bizarre & I've never had that on any formats on MN!

cozietoesie Sun 15-Jan-17 22:26:21

I haven't had that latter.

I do think that there are some genuine 'doubled posts' though. That fault appears to have crept back into the new beta - the one where a 'cancel/retry' would appear on the screen if the post was apparently timed out (but had still registered and actually posted.) I've had to check on the main site on several occasions in the last few days, only to discover that a post had actually been registered even though I seemed to have a 'Retry' option.

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 15-Jan-17 23:04:40

@WatcherOfTheNight that is a bit strange, I've not seen duplicate bookmarks before.

How often do you see the double posts? Do they clear when you leave the thread and reopen it again?

We added a fix so that it's very difficult to post twice (when you get the 'post failed' alert), but it could be that a single post is being shown multiple times by the app.

cozietoesie Sun 15-Jan-17 23:20:12

I've had duplicate bookmarks, Tim. (No screenshots, I fear.)

I've had most of the duplicate posts resolve themselves after leaving the thread - if I re-enter it they've gone - but some of them may be 'Retry' posts and those stick around.

cozietoesie Sun 15-Jan-17 23:22:49

PS - sorry. Those would be duplicates from other people. (I always check on the main site these days. Every time - so far - the post has actually gone in so I just cancel it away.)

TimMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jan-17 08:31:49

Ah ok, thanks for the detail - I'll look into it.

WatcherOfTheNight Mon 16-Jan-17 11:39:18

Hi TimMumsnet,I've never had it before & as Cozie says it's other people's posts.
I came off the App briefly but the doubles were still there for a while when I came back.

I haven't had it this morning but will update if it happens again.

cozietoesie Tue 17-Jan-17 12:32:16

Just had a completely replicated post - bookmark and all. It resolved when I left the thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now