Talk

Advanced search

What is MNHQ really like?

(62 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

TiggyD Thu 29-Dec-16 19:34:02

Is it like a call centre with little cells cubicles for staff? Or it is a trendy Google type HQ with beanbags and table tennis tables everywhere?

Do you have a list of 25 make up products to wear like "Beauty" counters in shops? Do you all wear polo shirts with MN logos on? Or boiler suits and funny caps like the minions in a bond film?

Do you have tai chi before work and sing the Mumsnet anthem? Is there a canteen with Pom Bears and a gin dispenser?

TheMortificadosDragon Thu 29-Dec-16 19:37:31

Does Tech work out of a shed at the bottom of the garden? (a naice purpose built shed with FTP of course?

MrsHathaway Thu 29-Dec-16 19:40:24

I envisage something like this:

NoTractorsAtTheTable Thu 29-Dec-16 19:49:43

Do you subtly offer biscuits to anyone in the office who is getting on your wick?

Do you have 'naice' biscuits, and 'ODFOD' biscuits?

Does Olivia let you stroke her eyebrows, or can you only gaze at them from afar?

overinvested blush

NoTractorsAtTheTable Thu 29-Dec-16 19:50:40

Do you subtly offer biscuits to anyone in the office who is getting on your wick?

Do you have 'naice' biscuits, and 'ODFOD' biscuits?

Does Olivia let you stroke her eyebrows, or can you only gaze at them from afar?

overinvested blush

ChippyMinton Thu 29-Dec-16 19:51:50

I've been there. Haven't you?

AlabasterSnowball Thu 29-Dec-16 19:53:20

It smells of Green Valley Zoflora and Jo Malone candles

TiggyD Thu 29-Dec-16 19:57:42

No Choppy, I've not been there. I'm sure the time will come when I'll be standing outside Justine's office waiting for a telling off, just not done it yet.

MusterTheRohirim Thu 29-Dec-16 20:11:52

I have absolutely no idea why, but in my mind it is like the factory from The Raggy Dolls. Makes no sense whatsoever!

HairsprayQueen Thu 29-Dec-16 20:16:14

I've been there- there was cake and lots of books and everyone was lovely

HeadElf Thu 29-Dec-16 20:33:54

Apparently it's like this

HeadElf Thu 29-Dec-16 20:34:25

I think that's just a front though and really it's inside mi5 and it's super cool

TiggyD Thu 29-Dec-16 20:36:34

Exposed brickwork and girders. Very casual, if not slovenly dress code. No sign of beanbags.

TiggyD Thu 29-Dec-16 20:39:25

Maybe most of the hideout is underground and accessed via slidey poles in a cupboard. Or a monorail maybe?

HeadElf Thu 29-Dec-16 20:40:54

I found that photo on the daily mail wink

JustCallMeKate Thu 29-Dec-16 20:50:20

This is it. (Or so Google images says).

I have a vision in my head of it being sofas, gin, coffee and naice ham sandwiches though.

cozietoesie Thu 29-Dec-16 20:53:48

I see they kept Olivia's chariot and scourges out of shot though? wink

PidgeyfinderGeneral Thu 29-Dec-16 20:55:23

Definitely gin.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Dec-16 21:29:49

Here's the most recent photo I took there for a bake off event we had. A temporary gingham altar..
smile

Allalonenow Thu 29-Dec-16 21:45:01

Well the water cooler will be full of gin for a start.

There will be Lemon Drizzle Cake and scones on the tea trolley, and the tea lady Esmeralda-Drusilla will ask if you'd like a Devon or a Cornish scone.

The canteen will serve chilli, curry, ham in coke all done in slow cookers, and chicken 17 ways.

TheMortificadosDragon Thu 29-Dec-16 21:50:46

How come they don't seem to have Mumsnet 'Naice Coffee' mugs on their desks? I always do (competition prize, arrived broken, so its a penholder)

TheMortificadosDragon Thu 29-Dec-16 21:51:38

How come they don't seem to have Mumsnet 'Naice Coffee' mugs on their desks? I always do (competition prize, arrived broken, so its a penholder)

TiggyD Thu 29-Dec-16 22:12:56

Ann, why is there mayonnaise to go with the cakes?

Why is there a bonsai tree on the table?

Did anybody eat the rectangular turd brick at the back?

Allalonenow Thu 29-Dec-16 23:14:46

TiggyD I don't think that's mayonnaise, it's Angel Delight.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Dec-16 23:20:12

The mayo is some kind of boozy cream!
The brick one is emmamumsnets lemon drizzle grin
The bonsai is just for fun / decoration

And mine is the Xmas pudding chocolate cake. cakecake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now