Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet gongs?

(5 Posts)
alsoneedahaircut Wed 28-Dec-16 19:56:07

Could we do nominations for gongs for the posters who set up ongoing support threads to consistently share their real life expertise to help others?

I would love to nominate @talkinpeace for the drowning in debt thread in money matters

alsoneedahaircut Wed 28-Dec-16 19:58:44

Posted too soon

And if given gongs, could Mumsnet give them a title/permanent medal image/emoticon next to their name?

DeckTheHallsWithLimbsOfZombie Thu 29-Dec-16 08:42:02

Mumsnet does not have the time, the resources nor the expertise required to vet potential nominees. Nor should they. This is a public internet forum and every user needs to use their own common sense as to whether any advice or guidance offered by another user is useful or valid.

NotYoda Thu 29-Dec-16 16:55:03

I agree with Deck

I think it's really nice that you value her, and I'm sure she'd really appreciate hearing that on her thread, but it's not realistic, or necessary for MN to endorse a particular person. Might potentially put them in hot water, legally.

NotYoda Thu 29-Dec-16 16:57:09

There are people who I'd like to nominate too - for things like "showing grace under extreme provocation" and "good taste in shoes"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now