Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning Karndean floor thread deleted

(9 Posts)
Bejazzled Mon 26-Dec-16 01:38:05

I was on this, but missed how it went wrong and was deleted. What on earth happened?

Bejazzled Mon 26-Dec-16 11:56:51

Anyone? It was just a cleaning thread when I read it.

lljkk Mon 26-Dec-16 12:56:23

I wondered about this, too.

MrsLornaClausMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Dec-16 15:13:47

Hi all,

The thread was removed as it was very clever spam...

We've had identical threads in the past and were pretty sure it was an advertising ploy.

Apologies we didn't say in our deletion message, hope this clears things up.

Bejazzled Mon 26-Dec-16 16:42:58

Ah, that explains it - thank you!

pklme Sat 07-Jan-17 15:46:59

Is that why the rice cooker thread was deleted? I was struggling to imagine how a rice cooker thread could turn into a bunfight in less than ten posts.

NanTheWiser Sat 07-Jan-17 20:40:18

There seem to be a few rather odd posts in Housekeeping - currently two identical threads on combination microwaves by two different posters - remingtonmaa and championchapman. They seem to be in collaboration with another poster who recommends a product, definitely spammers! I have seen others, but those two are quite obvious.

pklme Sat 07-Jan-17 22:14:11

Huh, looks like the cleaning a griddle pan was, too. I'm going to have to get cleverer at spotting them!

Brighteyes27 Sat 07-Jan-17 22:22:25

We have Karndean throughout most of downstairs it's ideal for kids and a dog. However, we haven't followed proper Karndean cleaning routines. Anyway it's been down for 5 plus years and looked great for most of that time only but in the last few months it's started to look really grubby and noticed several scratch marks under our dining table area. Any advice on how to freshen it up now? It's the Auckland oak which looked quite glossy when we first got it. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now