Talk

Advanced search

When MNHQ "take down a thread for a look behind the scenes"....

(6 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

AliceInUnderpants Sun 18-Dec-16 20:37:28

.... do they ever come back and either re-establish the thread, or update the deletion message? Or is it just a way of closing a thread so we shut up?

VintagePerfumista Sun 18-Dec-16 20:40:09

I believe one has been taken down and reinstated this very day. It may be the one you are thinking of....wink

AliceInUnderpants Sun 18-Dec-16 20:49:11

Sadly not, this one is still showing as deleted sad

Melstarrynight Sun 18-Dec-16 20:50:56

One I was watching just disappeared. Does this mean it was deleted by MN? I'm wondering what happened to the op sad

FuckYouDailyMail Sun 18-Dec-16 20:56:37

Hoping we shut up is probably just wishful thinking by HQ Alice

AndioioIonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 18-Dec-16 21:14:53

Hello there.
Usually we take down a thread for a look behind the scenes if it's going to take a bit longer than normal to sort out for some reason and we don't think it should stay in the meantime.
So sometimes we will just reopen them again and other times they will be deleted. Without wanting to turn this into a TAAT, we aren't sure which thread is being discussed here. Do drop us a line at contactus@mumsnet.com if you'd like to and we might be able to fill you in further.
It's likely it will either be that we thought the OP wasn't genuine in the end, or we had other concerns about the thread such as a third party being identified etc. It may just be that there were so many reports we needed a short while to read and catch up on the thread before making a decision. It really could be a range of things - we just will have considered it to be something that required a bit more work than a straight delete or leave.
Hope that explains things a bit anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now