Talk

Advanced search

Responding to reports of troll behaviour

(8 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

QueenMortificado Thu 17-Nov-16 14:48:41

I know the new way of not responding to reports saves you an awful lot of time

But if I report someone as a troll and then nothing happens to the thread / you don't post on it is there any chance you could send an email saying "we have looked in to it and can't see anything wrong". Even if it's a copy and paste job?

There have been a few recently I've reported like a good girl guide and would have liked to known if they actually weren't trolls or if you just didn't get enough reports to look in to it.

Or do we assume that if we report, you look on to it every time irrespective of how many reports you've had, and the thread will just remain if it isn't a troll?

JustAnotherSadOldNumber Thu 17-Nov-16 14:50:24

Sometimes they don't actually recive the reports.

QueenMortificado Thu 17-Nov-16 14:56:57

Dum dum duuuuuuuuum!!

How do you know?

JustAnotherSadOldNumber Thu 17-Nov-16 15:16:22

How do you know?

Becuase on the disablism thread the you repetedly get this kind of thing:

MNHQ: "no one reported"
User: "I did with in half an hour of it being posted."
MNHQ: "We only have one report half an hour ago.
Other user: "I reported yesterday too"
And so on.

Also Nightwatch has said they haven't been getting notifications fromt he report service.

So reporting isn't always reliable.

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 17-Nov-16 15:19:52

Hi there QueenMortificado
We're sorry you didn't hear back from us. The new system does mean we don't reply to everyone but we do read and investigate every single report. If you do report and would really like to hear back then please pop something to that effect in your message and we'll get back to you.
Thanks

QueenMortificado Thu 17-Nov-16 15:34:55

Hi Becky, thanks for your reply

So does that mean if you look in to someone being reported as a troll and it isn't deleted it means you've investigated and there is no troll at work?

How about Just's point that some reports don't seem to be working?

cozietoesie Thu 17-Nov-16 16:11:52

I think that, at the least, you should have an auto-response to say that a report has been received. At the moment, we have no way of knowing - in the app at least - whether a report has actually been made so no way of picking up possible errors in what is, after all, a new system.

DixieNormas Thu 17-Nov-16 16:18:40

Yes I was one of the people who's report wasn't received

I think.an auto response to say a report has been received is a good idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now