Talk

Advanced search

Huge B&Q ad that won't close

(11 Posts)
MackerelOfFact Tue 15-Nov-16 13:07:26

Twice in the last 10 minutes I've had to close my browser because of this one.

I must have accidentally hovered over something, which it has taken as an open invitation to invade my screen and refuse to leave.

There is no X to close it, clicking away from it does nothing, and it follows you down the page if you scroll and takes up the whole bloody page!

Is it just me? confused

Greenifer Tue 15-Nov-16 13:17:12

I was just coming here to complain about this. It is making some pages completely unusable. How on earth do you close it?

wasonthelist Tue 15-Nov-16 16:05:08

Same here - and I had it before with a Sainsbury's Ad - reported here and suitably fobbed-off -

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/2772135-Intrusive-Sainsburys-Advert

Mumsnet techy prowess and or any idea of testing is non-existent it seems.

wasonthelist Tue 15-Nov-16 16:05:55

Total crap

MackerelOfFact Tue 15-Nov-16 16:11:37

I don't think you can close it.

Even the most obtrusive of pop-ups usually have an 'X' somewhere in the corner. This has nothing. Clicking on the page behind does nothing. Scrolling does nothing. I suspect the 'Show the full range at diy.com' link might close it but like fuck am I clicking that!

Doik Tue 15-Nov-16 16:12:59

Same here (Chrome on Windows 7). I couldn't close it but refreshing the page got rid of it.

wasonthelist Tue 15-Nov-16 16:14:05

This has happened before - MN don't seem too worried.

I had to close the browser tab and type in the MN URL in a new tab to get rid of it. I already have a Cook and Lewis Kitchen and could fill a website with the trouble getting it installed caused and the terrible customer service - so I don't need this Ad thanks.

wasonthelist Wed 16-Nov-16 10:25:47

No comment/interest from MN? Well at least we know where we stand.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 16-Nov-16 10:32:20

Hi all flowers

Firstly, sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. It completely slipped through the net which is our bad. We do care - promise!

We're just flagging this to our ADS team now and so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of the issue really soon.

Huge apologies for the inconvenience that this is causing.

AngieMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 16-Nov-16 11:39:04

Sorry guys, looking into it right now, will let you know once we have found the culprit

Greenifer Wed 16-Nov-16 16:32:48

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now