12 year old tongue piercing thread

(15 Posts)
woowoowoo Mon 07-Nov-16 20:52:39

I know this is a TAAT but.....

I can't see any reason credible reason for MNHQ to delete the thread.

The OP hasn't revealed anything about themselves other than the fact that they are female, a nurse, and a mum to a 12 year old DD. There are millions of these out there!

There is nothing in this thread so far that interferes with the OP's privacy or being able to be identified in RL.

I am very annoyed that MNHQ has deleted this thread. It needed to stand to illustrate that not all parents and nurses are responsible. Some are the exact opposite, in fact.

What's the point in having AIBU if posts collectively telling the OP that they are unreasonable, are then deleted? What a waste of everyone's time.

What privacy concerns did you have MNHQ? The OP didn't tell us the name of the hospital she worked at the name of her DD's school. confused

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Mon 07-Nov-16 20:56:16

I agree. Threads shouldn't be pulled just because the OP doesn't like the response they get.

MatildaOfTuscany Mon 07-Nov-16 21:04:11

Thirded. I get very fed up with this. By all means have a deletion message which says "deleted at OP's request because she got her arse handed to her on a plate" but don't pretend it was for privacy reasons.

woowoowoo Mon 07-Nov-16 21:08:57

I see another thread has been started on this subject.

Glad it isn't just me who doesn't appreciate having their time wasted.

Well, hopefully our collective YABVVVU has prevented a 12 year old from having their tongue pierced at Christmas (I hope). That would be a small victory.

bibbitybobbityyhat Mon 07-Nov-16 21:12:49

I am interested in the thinking (or lack of) behind that deletion too.

Cocolepew Mon 07-Nov-16 21:14:37

Helen said on the ither thread she pressed tbe wrong deletion message button. It was pulled for being bunfighty.

EmmaMacGill Mon 07-Nov-16 21:16:18

I thought it was a troll, was she for real?

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Mon 07-Nov-16 21:18:59

I can believe she was real. As I posted on the other thread about this, I get people like her come into my shop with depressing frequency. I've even had the 'But I'm a NURSE!!!!' line thrown at me.

That's fine. You're a nurse. I'm a piercer. Don't come into my workplace, and try to overrule my ethics because you believe you know better (clue: she didn't).

originalmavis Mon 07-Nov-16 21:22:10

What happened? I saw it and couldn't be arsed to contribute my twopenneth worth. The reverse about the grandma feeding the kids junk food went pufft today too.

Itchy red button trigger finger at mnhq I think.

woowoowoo Mon 07-Nov-16 21:23:05

I don't believe 'the wrong button was pressed' excuse, I'm sorry. If this were true, why hasn't the correct deletion reason been stated now that the 'mistake' has been pointed out?

It wasn't that bun fighty either! I've seen far worse mud slinging on threads that have stayed up.

I don't like feeling that I have been lied to.

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Mon 07-Nov-16 21:24:57

I think 'bun fight' is the new term for 'blunt responses' in this instance.

bibbitybobbityyhat Mon 07-Nov-16 21:29:11

I don't believe the wrong button thing either. Piffle.

Sparklingbrook Mon 07-Nov-16 21:32:32

It's all very hmm and the 'we don't usually delete whole threads' is becoming a bit of a porky pie IMO.

hobnobsaremyfave Mon 07-Nov-16 21:39:02

Wins the prize for "pathetic deletion of the day"
Ridiculous moderation and the op had been vile to other posters

hobnobsaremyfave Mon 07-Nov-16 21:40:46

And bollocks to "we don't usually"
It happens often and rarely have I seen a thread where there was anyrisk to anything other than the op's pride
We aren't stupid mnhq
That thread wasn't a bunfight either
Only one being a twat was the op

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now