Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

bollocks was it privacy. big fat hairy sweaty bollocks was it.

(25 Posts)
Arfarfanarf Fri 04-Nov-16 08:27:50

Look, it's your site and you are free to do whatever the hrll you like and if you want to delete a thread because the op is whinging about it i actually dont blame you. I wouldnt want to deal with that shit either.

But please do not insult our intelligence by pretending an anonymous post by a person who namechanged to post the thread and didnt give her details in rl and gave zero personally identifying info away needed her privacy protecting.

You fool nobody.

She didnt like the answers.

She moaned to you.

You deleted it because it shuts them up and you've got other more important things to deal with.

But for God's sake think up a less ridiculous lie for the deletion message or i might have a tantrum of me own. 😂

angeldiver Fri 04-Nov-16 08:42:15

Privacy!?
There was absolutely no identifying information in that thread.
OP threw her teddy because the majority disagreed with her shitty attitude.
Good to know that we can post for a vent and then ask MNHQ to delete when we've had enough of it.
After all, if one calls privacy issues (when there aren't any), surely we all can wink

FlapsTie Fri 04-Nov-16 08:44:29

Ooh what thread?

angeldiver Fri 04-Nov-16 08:53:59

Woman whose 6yr old boy ran off the pavement and into a parked car thus scratching it with his bike.

FlapsTie Fri 04-Nov-16 09:00:05

Aaah!

Soubriquet Fri 04-Nov-16 09:00:48

You promised to change that blanket message mnhq

PurpleDaisies Fri 04-Nov-16 09:03:15

I thought the blanket message had changed-I've definitely seen some deleted without the "privacy" thing. I didn't see the thread here but I can just imagine how it went.

lljkk Fri 04-Nov-16 09:08:46

MN posters have been stalked & received personal threats before (ie, Cod). MNHQ don't want to be responsible for the loonies.

DoggyDoggyJoe Fri 04-Nov-16 09:12:34

What happened to the threads by the woman living with the pot smoking alcoholic? She was in complete denial about the impact of their behaviours on their DD.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Fri 04-Nov-16 09:23:52

I think if you're offended by MNHQ posting a deletion message that insults your intelligence you're probably over-invested in the site.

Thread's gone, was probably bullshit anyway, does it really matter?

I did see the thread and I do think it was quite nasty, not just not going her way. Maybe the deletion message could have read "Thread deleted due to behaviour of the majority of posters." but that would probably spawn offended threads too.

I swear blind the amount of people whinging about MNHQ these days is ridiculous. I'm surprised they respond to anyone anymore.

Arfarfanarf Fri 04-Nov-16 09:27:11

Hahaha yeah you're probably right.

I'm pretty much as anal in rl to be fair.

Inaccuracy irks me. 😂 a honny would probably be a good idea.

Im not going to change my mind though [unrepentant] privacy was inaccurate.

Arfarfanarf Fri 04-Nov-16 09:27:49

Honny? Hobby.
Fat fingers.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Fri 04-Nov-16 09:34:45

Probably a combination of inaccurate and fed up so not giving much of a shit!

I think MNHQ should put all deletion messages as "Thread deleted. Our decision. Like it or lump it. The internet will not implode. The world is not going to end."

PurpleDaisies Fri 04-Nov-16 09:35:56

I think MNHQ should put all deletion messages as "Thread deleted. Our decision. Like it or lump it. The internet will not implode. The world is not going to end."

grin I would definitely approve of this.

DixieNormas Fri 04-Nov-16 09:36:31

Well they often delete because let's face it the thread turned into a bun fight or breaking talk guide lines if it was quite nasty.

I didn't read it so don't know

TheFairyCaravan Fri 04-Nov-16 09:43:53

MN posters have been stalked & received personal threats before (ie, Cod). MNHQ don't want to be responsible for the loonies.

Yes, I was stalked on MN, had to have all my posts removed, and the police involved and quite frankly posting that they've deleted the thread to protect the OP's privacy because really she got her arse handed to her is a bloody insult!

Arfarfanarf Fri 04-Nov-16 09:44:53

Milk that would be perfect. I would bloody love that.

crashdoll Fri 04-Nov-16 10:32:49

It doesn't really matter because we all know it was bollocks anyway. grin

crashdoll Fri 04-Nov-16 10:33:47

But if they put "the world is not going to end" and it does end, people will complain!!

HardcoreLadyType Fri 04-Nov-16 10:37:08

Yes, and they might sue, crashdoll!

Oh, wait...

Ginslinger Fri 04-Nov-16 10:38:39

I think we should all start having honnies

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 04-Nov-16 10:45:25

It could have been privacy, though. There can't have been many 6yr old boys who fell off bikes and scratched parked cars yesterday, and even less that had a stroppy mother who argued with an equally stroppy car owner.
Although the worst that could happen would be the car owner seeing it and being smug that everyone bollocked the OP. Unless the OP has been talking about it an awful lot in RL.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 04-Nov-16 10:50:20

Hello all!

Just popping by to say you're totally right. The thread was deleted with the standard 'deleted at the OP's request' message... <twiddles thumbs>

In retrospect, we do agree and think that the deletion message used should have been more specific in this case to say that the OP had asked for it to be removed because the incident had been passed on to the police.

We don't delete as standard and it's always the default to push back, but we also do need to balance this and if someone really really would like a thread gone, we will consider it.

We certainly don't zap as standard though.

We most definitely listen to your feedback and we will make sure that the need for specific deletion messages is communicated to the community team.

We've got some new staff in too which is quite exciting but means lots more training to be had and so please do bear with us.

We're really loving your deletion messages by the way! grin

Arfarfanarf Fri 04-Nov-16 10:55:20

I double dare you...
😂

CotswoldStrife Fri 04-Nov-16 11:04:52

We probably wouldn't always like the truth on deletion messages

'we've zapped this one because we are drowning in reports about it and want a quiet night'

'we've zapped this one because two posters have started an argument on the thread about something completely unconnected and are annoying everyone else other posters'

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now