Talk

Advanced search

Ched Evans thread deletion

(12 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Sat 15-Oct-16 19:43:46

MNHQ - why was the thread I was just on about Ched Evans deleted? I don't think "breaking your Talk Guidelines" really narrows it down a great deal, or very helpfully.

It might be more useful to know in what way it was breaking the guidelines rather than just linking to your generic blurb which tells us precisely nothing...

PaulDacreCuntyMcCuntFace Sun 16-Oct-16 12:00:37

I'm guessing it's because he - or rather his Fiancee's multimillionaire Daddy - is lawyered up to the ying-yang. As evidenced by the fact that he could afford to spend years fighting his original conviction. Meaning that threads where there is a risk the conversation could venture into territory which is potentially libellous need to be removed, because MNHQ would rather not have to spend its gin fund on legal fees. Which is understandable!

BeyondReasonablyDoubts Sun 16-Oct-16 12:01:54

What was it? I'm on a few and they are all still standing

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Sun 16-Oct-16 16:04:08

It was one of those threads started by a GF - Ched Evans is innocent so you can all shut up now, or something - and it didn't seem that different from the others in terms of what was being said. Which is why I'd like a proper explanation!

PresidentOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 16-Oct-16 16:16:44

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

It was one of those threads started by a GF - Ched Evans is innocent so you can all shut up now, or something - and it didn't seem that different from the others in terms of what was being said. Which is why I'd like a proper explanation!

If it was started by a GF then that's why we deleted it

TallRedhead Sun 16-Oct-16 16:18:14

What's a GF?

startwig1982 Sun 16-Oct-16 16:19:47

Goady fucker? I think?

BeyondReasonablyDoubts Sun 16-Oct-16 16:20:58

Goady fucker.

BeyondReasonablyDoubts Sun 16-Oct-16 16:22:33

Shorthand for "deliberately inflammatory behaviour" which is a no no in the talk guidelines smile

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Sun 16-Oct-16 18:28:06

I didnt see it but from the paraphrased title it does sound like it was a goady fucker and MNHQ were quite right to delete it asap

MoggyP Sun 16-Oct-16 18:40:19

There isn't exactly a shortage of CE threads!

Most are taking the tone of The Sun:: he's not a criminal but he's GUILTY of being scum.

(I am assuming here that the tabloids are just as lawyered up, and are confident that their front page was fair comment).

TallRedhead Mon 17-Oct-16 09:35:29

Thanks!! Thought I knew all the abbreviations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now