Talk

Advanced search

Site search

(5 Posts)
Zucker Fri 14-Oct-16 21:04:07

Please can someone explain to me how the search works? Say I search for something, why are the dates not in order. So I could have results from 2008, 2011, 2016, 2007 just jumbled together higgeldy piggeldy. How can I find most recent results? I'm on the iOS app.

cozietoesie Fri 14-Oct-16 21:09:15

I seem to recall Tim saying that Tech haven't introduced filtering to the search yet because they need more data first - I think, at the moment, the search brings up the most popular or something, regardless of age. (If you have a look for Tim's most recent posts, you should see the explanation.)

Developments on that will be in the pipeline, I guess.

cozietoesie Fri 14-Oct-16 21:11:02

Ah. Here's the quote.

cozietosie regarding the search filtering - that's something we've intentionally left out for now. We need to have some data on usage before we can consider adding other features - so it's still a bit crude, but will improve.

At some stage soon, we're going to try improve the default order, so that more recent results are prioritised - currently the results are prioritised mostly by popularity (even if they're a decade old)

cozietoesie Fri 14-Oct-16 21:12:37

You can insert some "s as appropriate. grin

Zucker Fri 14-Oct-16 21:26:33

Ah okay, thank you cozietoesie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now