Talk

Advanced search

Is my password secure?

(8 Posts)
eatyourveg Wed 12-Oct-16 18:48:23

I have had an email from tesco today telling me that they have received a list of accounts where the password for their site is the same one used on a forum and they are asking me to change it. You are the only forum I am on so can you confirm that my pw with you is secure and how tesco may have got it on a list or whether you think the tesco email is a phishing scam?

I have now changed my mn password

Undersmile Wed 12-Oct-16 18:50:38

That was a phishing email. I hope you didn't use their link to go into your tesco account?

Undersmile Wed 12-Oct-16 18:51:32

MN passwords were.compromised a while back, but all users had to change their passwords.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Wed 12-Oct-16 18:52:46

That was a phishing email. I hope you didn't use their link to go into your tesco account?

About to say the ssmevthing

PigletWasPoohsFriend Wed 12-Oct-16 18:52:57

*samething

GoldTippedFeather Wed 12-Oct-16 18:59:11

I had one from Amazon which was genuine - I went to Amazon directly through my browser on a different computer not through the email and when I tried to log in it asked me to change my password. You could go direct to the Tesco website and change it to be safe.

eatyourveg Wed 12-Oct-16 20:30:26

tesco didn't send a link they just said they had taken the precautionary measure and invalidated the account so when I next logged in I would need to reset

Slave2thecat Thu 13-Oct-16 17:34:43

I got this email too - didn't seem to be a phishing email to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now