Talk

Advanced search

age limit to join MN?

(13 Posts)
allsfairinlove Sat 01-Oct-16 04:21:35

Just asking because there have been posters claiming to be in their mid teens lately.

Personally it makes me feel uncomfortable as I feel compelled to moderate my posts beyond talk regulations.

Is there a lower age limit?

lordStrange Sat 01-Oct-16 04:35:51

No. It's an adult site say what you like.

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 01-Oct-16 04:41:06

MN is surely like Facebook; only for dinosaurs.

DerekSprechenZeDick Sat 01-Oct-16 04:53:42

Just because some are mid teens doesn't mean you have to regulate your posts confused

There's a mix of ages here

Crispsheets Sat 01-Oct-16 05:26:11

Why on earth would you regulate your posts?

allsfairinlove Sat 01-Oct-16 05:32:41

Haha MrsTerry grin

Got it. I was being over sensitive. I won't regulate my posts for the children on here.

QuiltedAloeVera Sat 01-Oct-16 05:33:14

How could it be enforced?

It's a public site, anyone with Internet access can read your posts.

allsfairinlove Sat 01-Oct-16 05:36:53

quilted yes, obviously anyone with Internet access can read your posts. But there is a difference between having a discussion with an adult and a child. Personally I would be more careful about what I say with a child because, well, they're a child.

Crispsheets Sat 01-Oct-16 07:26:51

And they might not be teens...people lie like hell on here

Hassled Sat 01-Oct-16 07:32:36

Yes, they're probably not teens. And if they are it's presumably because they need quite specific advice - pregnancy, childbirth etc - which they're not getting elsewhere.

WorraLiberty Sat 01-Oct-16 23:33:59

I always assume anyone making a 'thing' of being young, is the ever returning 'age troll' and I silently report.

9 times out of 10 I'm right and the HQ message is "This is a PBP, so we've shown them the door again".

God knows what they get out of pretending to be a teenager on the internet, but there you go confused

Queenbean Tue 04-Oct-16 13:45:09

I assume they're trolls

Especially if they have a name like JustATeen100 or Any18YearOld

Normally accompanied by posts like "I've discovered touching myself, is this normal?"

paxillin Tue 04-Oct-16 14:00:28

I can't imagine any teen I know posting on here, so I assume fake. The only exception are poster in need of a mum who feel they can't approach their own one. Posts like "16 and pregnant, now what?" I treat as real.

I don't think you'd need to moderate your posts for mid-teens anyway, they are not easily shocked and unlikely to use a new found swear word in school or try it on granny by that age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now