Talk

Advanced search

"Mumsnet would like your location" box popping up

(13 Posts)
MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 05-Sep-16 13:23:48

...is bloody annoying. Every time I go to Threads I'm in the last half hour it pops up asking for my location information even though I have only just declined.

Can you stop this please? I don't want to give you my location. I am somewhere in the UK. That will do.

Soubriquet Mon 05-Sep-16 13:25:46

This just happened with me

iPhone too?

I've just gone into my settings and turned off my location approval

PseudoBadger Mon 05-Sep-16 13:26:44

Me too, iPhone 5s on Safari

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 05-Sep-16 13:31:45

iPhone 6 on Safari

Boogers Mon 05-Sep-16 13:34:16

Same here. Nokia Lumia. I just click on no but it comes up again on the next page I load.

JellyPlum Wed 07-Sep-16 00:06:00

I was just looking to see if there was a thread on this. Rather strange and have a screenshot if it helps MNHQ?

I'm on an iPhone.

FlumptyDumpty Wed 07-Sep-16 00:08:22

Is this another unannounced genius experiment like the coercive log-in? angry

FFS

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 07-Sep-16 00:09:57

Oh yeah, just got it too!

SingaSong12 Wed 07-Sep-16 00:10:51

I've been getting it - just turned location off altogether as don't need it away, hope that will stop it happening.

TendonQueen Wed 07-Sep-16 00:12:56

I've just got it! Quite creepy as I was posting on a stalker ex thread at the time. I have an Android phone. I never have location switched on and I'm certainly not allowing the site to have it.

PepsiPenguin Wed 07-Sep-16 00:21:04

I just checked my settings as I haven't recieved this message and do have location services on, but I have turned it off for safari.

Just in case anyone wants to do this and isn't sure

Settings
Privacy
Location services
Safari websites

Select never

Should do the trick, but why the hell are they needing to know where we are, I really don't want thank you very much!

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 09-Sep-16 10:40:05

No word from MnHQ?

FlumptyDumpty Fri 09-Sep-16 13:47:23

Yes, v odd that there has been no word from MNHQ.

MNHQ - was thus something you did? If not, is it a problem? If so, why did you do it?

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now