Talk

Advanced search

Can't get this out of my mind...

(42 Posts)
FireandBrimstone Thu 01-Sep-16 17:34:46

Yes, it's a TAAT for which I'm sorry but I can't stop thinking about the very recent thread where the poor woman's son had died, a few MNers were offering help local to her and it was just the saddest thing. I didn't post but was following and was worrying a lot for the mother. And now can't find the thread at all - was it pulled?

WellErrr Thu 01-Sep-16 17:36:50

The one in a different country? Gemmy?

Yes, pulled whilst they take a closer look. I did post early on but I'm afraid it set my trolldar pinging for no concrete reason....didn't report as I felt bad but not surprised in the slightest to see it go.

FireandBrimstone Thu 01-Sep-16 17:40:05

Yes that's the one. I agree some of it didn't gel but I attributed that at the time more to the situation. So I guess it's no surprise it's gone, as you say.

Sad. But hopefully for different reasons IYKWIM

CanWeNot Thu 01-Sep-16 17:42:31

I was searching for this post. I almost hope it was a troll because it was very sad.

Coconutty Thu 01-Sep-16 20:13:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

usual Thu 01-Sep-16 20:19:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lifesalongsong Thu 01-Sep-16 20:22:03

I posted on that thread, the message says

We're sorry to say that we must suspend this while we look closer from behind the scenes. Our 'suspend thread' is on the blink - so we're having to remove entirely for the moment.

wombattoo Thu 01-Sep-16 20:25:13

Is it the one where the DD had gone to uni?

goldensolait Thu 01-Sep-16 20:27:07

I wondered about that one. Something sounded a bit off about it by the second page but I didn't report in case I was wrong, just didn't post. Also almost hope it was a troll even it if that is completely sick thing to post.

myrtleWilson Thu 01-Sep-16 20:29:56

No wombat the one where OP was in NY...

wombattoo Thu 01-Sep-16 20:31:47

Thank you myrtle. I thought the one I'm referring to was genuine

bikiniandboardshorts Thu 01-Sep-16 20:34:24

It wasn't real? How could they tell? I felt so, so bad for that poor lady. I was one of the posters offering help too. I do hope it wasn't real, only for the reasons that I'd hate for one more person to lose someone they love.

Haffdonga Thu 01-Sep-16 20:37:08

Yes Wombat, sadly that one was genuine judging by previous posting history etc. The suspicous one was about a single mum with no contact with any family or friends in the US.

mrschatty Thu 01-Sep-16 20:38:10

I was keeping an eye out for the op on this one so desperately sad. I don't know what to think. If it's a troll I'm glad in a way that she isn't really going through the heartache
If it's NOT A troll then I hope she is getting help elsewhere

ColdTeaAgain Thu 01-Sep-16 20:38:24

The photo of the empty bed gave me goosebumps followed by a really uneasy feeling about it. I hope it was a troll tbh.

Muddlewitch Thu 01-Sep-16 20:39:08

I felt the same ColdTea

PurpleDaisies Thu 01-Sep-16 20:39:16

I reported it, right at the beginning and later too. The clincher for me was when she posted a picture of his empty bed.

PurpleDaisies Thu 01-Sep-16 20:40:51

Cross posted with you coldtea. That sort of picture is classic troll behaviour.

Floggingmolly Thu 01-Sep-16 20:41:22

Of course it was a troll, it read like something from Mills and Boon.

bikiniandboardshorts Thu 01-Sep-16 20:42:25

Do you think perhaps it was related to the troll who was posting a lot late at night, about bereavement? They also posted some grim photos.

Its just dawned on me that late at night in the UK is only afternoon for us.

Totallyspies17 Thu 01-Sep-16 20:43:04

I didn't realise it had gone :-(
I actually reported it and I've not reported anything for ages but it just made me feel uneas. All the posters offering their genuine stories and help made me very concerned in case the Op wasn't true and people might've been manipulated

MaureenMLove Thu 01-Sep-16 20:45:27

Ive been looking for a way to approach the subject on this one too, without it being a TAAT.

I had my thoughts from the OP, but I just couldn't put my finger on it and felt dreadful for even thinking it, given the other thread and the awful time she is having.

Very sad.

mrschatty Thu 01-Sep-16 20:46:28

The empty bed bit did get me thinking and also when a pp said "I'm in Ny/USA where abouts are you" thread went dead for ages that made me wonder if they panicked

Sallycinnamum Thu 01-Sep-16 20:46:49

God I very nearly pressed the report button right at the start of the thread, something I've never done before.

I didn't report because naively I didn't think anyone could be that sick. When the pic of the bed appeared it just felt so wrong so I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was concerned.

PurpleDaisies Thu 01-Sep-16 20:50:11

sally if you're even a bit suspicious again, just report things. Mnhq don't automatically delete because of reports. It just means they can check for obvious discrepancies behind the scenes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now