Talk

Advanced search

Seriously grim images being posted

(24 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

CheeseFlavouredDiscs Tue 30-Aug-16 00:26:16

Can someone do something about these? The OP is putting up horrendous images with 'lol' as the only word. Please remove them urgently!

MyLlamasGoneBananas Tue 30-Aug-16 00:28:50

In AIBU. I'm reporting your post Cheese just to bring the bizarre grim posts to the attention of mnhq. I don't want to open anymore of them to report.

CheeseFlavouredDiscs Tue 30-Aug-16 00:31:02

'Teacher IBU' is really nasty as well as 'skanky state school'.

Twirlywoooo Tue 30-Aug-16 00:31:38

I've reported one and also reported the other thread on site stuff. Something has to be done asap.

Stiddleficks Tue 30-Aug-16 00:32:28

They've deleted them now thank goodness.

fourpawswhite Tue 30-Aug-16 00:33:33

Have also reported cheese, and you know what mumsnet, this is getting ridiculous. Those images were beyond anything anyone should have to see. Pictures need to be reviewed. And not to get oh woe is me but as someone going through a hell of a bad time right now And seeing pictures like that, makes me want to cut off the only support network I have.

fourpawswhite Tue 30-Aug-16 00:36:00

More on now. Donaldfffff4t5.

IwannaSnorlax Tue 30-Aug-16 00:36:21

I saw 2 pictures - they were truly horrible. Why would someone do that??

shereebobbins Tue 30-Aug-16 00:51:59

I'm scared to click on anything now. What exactly are they posting? Is it gore?

MotherOfROC Tue 30-Aug-16 00:53:01

I'm a newbie what is that they are posting out of curiosity?

SeenoevilHearnoevilSpeaknoevil Tue 30-Aug-16 00:56:12

I saw one picture and I'm 100% sure you don't want to know. It's horrifying. Poor lady on another thread is saying how low she is and people aren't going to click on her thread and give her a hand hold, because we are all petrified about what we could see. Ruins it for everyone.

MotherOfROC Tue 30-Aug-16 00:58:58

All I can say is there is obviously some fucked up arseholes out there !

whywonthedgehogssharethehedge Tue 30-Aug-16 01:00:14

Night watch are on it. It looks likes one was posted in a site stuff thread about not being able to post pics for 30 days. It was zapped when I went past it and had only been posted a minute before.

Frockingst Tue 30-Aug-16 01:02:39

I don't understand why Nighwatch won't use common sense and ban this poster. They have banned genuine posters who were unfairly troll-hunted in the past so I can understand why they are more cautious now. But this one goes beyond common sense. confused

rubbishbin Tue 30-Aug-16 01:04:54

I think MN is being 'raided' sad

WatcherOfTheNight Tue 30-Aug-16 01:05:39

Hi cheese,thanks for reporting,we've got rid of them & will report this thread so hQ can see the feelings of posters during these issues.
We are waiting for a few changes in the night watch system which will hopefully mean these things are deleted AND stopped a lot faster in future.

Powaqa Tue 30-Aug-16 01:09:21

Gracechiang12 has posted on nightwatch threads - no image but goading

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Tue 30-Aug-16 01:15:54

There are now threads popping up with the same title as genuine threads. I presume these are trollery too?

I'm not clicking on anything iffy looking after those sick photos. Horrendous.

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 30-Aug-16 10:19:47

Hi all,

We're so sorry you all had to see this. We're just ensuring it's definitely all gone, then we will mail you WatcherOfTheNight. Thanks so much, nightwatchers, for all your hard work last night.

WatcherOfTheNight Tue 30-Aug-16 11:08:46

Hi KatherineMNet I really hope we got it all!!

I've just sent you a reply to your email,sorry it's a bit of an essay.blush

alexandranarino Wed 31-Aug-16 19:18:00

Why are they posting nasty photos?

cozietoesie Wed 31-Aug-16 20:44:54

They think it's a 'giggle', I guess. Sort of the Internet equivalent of ringing doorbells in the street then running away and watching/imagining people coming to the door and looking disgruntled. (Whatever that 'game' was called.)

isthistoonosy Wed 31-Aug-16 20:50:45

Knock knock ginger

WatcherOfTheNight Wed 31-Aug-16 20:56:48

it was Rat-a-tat ginger where I live.
Gosh that's going back a bit !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now