Talk

Advanced search

This is bullshit. Thread #2

(1000 Posts)
BeyondSpecialSnowflake Fri 26-Aug-16 08:48:30

Following on from...

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/a2716008-Seriously-MN-this-is-fucking-bullshit?msgid=63181862#63181862

IfTheCapFitsWearIt Fri 26-Aug-16 08:51:38

<signs in>

Nothing to add at the moment. But will be lurking.

Still angry over the banning of posters.

PolterGoose Fri 26-Aug-16 08:52:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BeyondSpecialSnowflake Fri 26-Aug-16 08:54:26

I very rarely get to have post #1000 grin

WaitrosePigeon Fri 26-Aug-16 09:00:00

Marks place. Thanks beyond.

HermioneWeasley Fri 26-Aug-16 09:00:26

Placemarking

Unlockable Fri 26-Aug-16 09:01:25

Have the banned been unbanned yet?

If not, why not? And why haven't they banned the rest of us?grin

DirtyPlacemarker Fri 26-Aug-16 09:08:52

Thanks for all the great links and articles. It has been a revelation. A real scales falling from the eyes moment.

rumblingDMexploitingbstds Fri 26-Aug-16 09:09:21

Place marking. And thank you Elsa and Crayon for so gracefully hearing requests to bring discussion here instead of the Spartacus thread. It's quite rare on MN and classy of you.

BeyondLovesSweetDee Fri 26-Aug-16 09:10:43

I've said about my ds2 being commented on as "trans"

Just reading the "pink brain blue brain" intro and thought of this...

I forgot to say, do you know how many people suggest I am purposely making him into "my little girl" because (they think) I wanted a girl?! There is no real difference between him and his brother (apart from the the elsa obsession) but society expects me to be disappointed that I have two sons, cause I'm a woman so must want a little girl to put in pretty bows and dresses (have they met me?!), so they encourage the idea that he is trans (also helped by fucking "I am Jazz" on the telly 😡)

If I wasn't so well read <ahem> this could have a very different ending sad
I am joking. I don't know what the ending will be yet and I am very scared of that

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 26-Aug-16 09:10:52

<signs>

Interested to see if MN actually so anything about this in the "coming weeks". I suspect the theory is that if they give it a few weeks it will lose momentum, and they can remind us all of the talk guidelines and that will be that.

Unlockable Fri 26-Aug-16 09:11:25

Can I ask a question not related to the HQ issue?

My daughter attends a single sex school
My son attends another single sex school

If a child is transitioning what will happen? I'm not being funny even, just was thinking how difficult it would be. I can't imagine a MtF at my sons school, at least not openly and I don't know how I would feel about a male at my daughters school so does anyone know what happens?
In this instance both are grammars and there isn't a GS that's not single sex

PlectrumElectrum Fri 26-Aug-16 09:12:01

Place mark.smile

Soubriquet Fri 26-Aug-16 09:17:06

It's scary that children are going through this.

No child should grow up thinking they are in the wrong body or worse given hormone treatments.

My children are going to grow up doing what they want. If my daughter want to wear "boys" clothes and play with "boys" toys she can. If my son says he to wear dresses and play with dolls he can. I will not freak out and suddenly start thinking they are transgender. I will know they are playing. If they tell me they think they are a boy/girl, I will let them play at boy/girl because I know at some point they will change back. My daughter was a cat the other day. Must I rush her to the doctor and ask for hormones to allow her to be a cat? Or do I let her actually be a child and role play as a cat?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 26-Aug-16 09:17:27

I always really worry for Jazz, they were transitioned so young, and they are such a public figure, there is no space for them to have any doubts or to explore what it means to be male or female.

Incidentally I came across this statement from the American College of Paediatricians which is pretty blunt www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

PigPigTrotters Fri 26-Aug-16 09:21:10

Exactly what Polter wrote. I probably would have thought I was trans for a long time growing up. I am also ASD.

I'm not a transphobe, I defend anyone's right to be who they are, dress how they want, everyone should feel happy and comfortable with who they are without judgment.

I don't like that trans activists, who probably only make up a small number of trans people anyway, are being allowed to redefine what is is to be a woman, against science and biology and all things logical, so for that reason I support the OP.

Saucery Fri 26-Aug-16 09:24:04

What ItsAll said. MNHQ are just biding their time, will repost the meaningless 'say what you want as long as it's within TG', the main goaders will reappear and start to goad again and the bannings will recommence.

Spartacus Fri 26-Aug-16 09:27:34

I said on the Spartacus thread that MN has a huge opportunity to do right by women here.

Pandering to the vocal few who demand that women behave in a particular way is ludicrous.

Also, demanding that people believe in something they just don't - it's like enforced religious belief. At best, you'll get lip service to it, with people saying "ok, yes, you're a woman" but thinking "no, you're not".

And once you get to thought policing, well, do we really want to do that?

IfTheCapFitsWearIt Fri 26-Aug-16 09:27:47

I've said it before and i'll say it again.

I too would probably have been convinced by society and peer pressure, that I was really a boy stuck in a girls body. Had i gone through my teen years now.

Its frightening to think how so called experts would have damaged my life so much, by touting this bullshit.

At least we've tried, there are a lot of posters on spartacus who I don't recognise and have never noticed commenting on trans threads. And being called bigots and dinosaurs doesn't seem to be scaring people off the way it uses to.

CancellyMcChequeface Fri 26-Aug-16 09:30:11

When I was three or four, for months I insisted I was a mouse, told people to call me by my 'mouse name,' and sometimes squeaked at people. I also found out everything I could about mice, had a collection of mouse ornaments and soft toys, etc. I'm on the spectrum. When I'm interested in a topic, I'm really interested.

It's horrifying that if I was a child today and I'd said I was a boy instead of a mouse, people would take it so seriously. Imagination and role play is a normal part of childhood.

Soubriquet Fri 26-Aug-16 09:32:06

I am on a thread where a poster has just had a rant about cis- privileged birthing parents. Now I hope that are joking and it's completely tongue in cheek but yeah...

IBelieveTheEarthIsFlat Fri 26-Aug-16 09:32:57

This

IfTheCapFitsWearIt Fri 26-Aug-16 09:34:25

Soubriquet where?

Soubriquet Fri 26-Aug-16 09:36:06

here only one person has replied as the poster hasn't been back to say if they are joking or not.

This thread is not accepting new messages.