Talk

Advanced search

Bookmark automatically when posting.

(5 Posts)
SilverDragonfly1 Thu 28-Jul-16 07:34:11

Hi, it would make life a lot easier if a reply to a thread was bookmarked automatically on posting. The 'I'm on' list only shows the last few replies, so then you're scrolling back for ages until you find your post and can read on. Most sites I use automatically take you back to your reply or last read post when returning to a thread, so we have the technology wink

FruOla Thu 28-Jul-16 13:57:11

But some of us bookmark other posts than our own.

We might bookmark the OP's last post (that we've read) or we might bookmark the last post in the thread posted by ANOther.

And sometimes we might be watching a thread which we're not posting on at all, but just want to watch the updates.

FruOla Thu 28-Jul-16 14:04:29

Sorry, I missed your final bit about "last read post" blush

SilverDragonfly1 Thu 28-Jul-16 14:05:11

If you weren't posting any more in a thread, you'd just continue to bookmark other replies on an ongoing basis, like now. If you weren't posting at all, ditto. I'm not suggesting we should only be able to mark our own posts, just that the site does it (perhaps as an account feature rather than for everyone regardless). I just don't find the 'Watch' feature at all useful because it doesn't take me to the last post I saw, just the eighth from last.

SilverDragonfly1 Thu 28-Jul-16 14:05:47

No worries smile I might be the only person who wants it anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now