Talk

Advanced search

Wedding dress thread

(150 Posts)
intravenouscoffee Mon 25-Jul-16 20:27:02

Has it vanished? I was watching it but can't find it any more. At least I think so was watching it but now I'm doubting myself!

eatingtomuch Mon 25-Jul-16 21:04:18

It has vanished. I was also watching it. I'm guessing OP has sold the story.

eatingtomuch Mon 25-Jul-16 21:04:52

If she has that will ruin the ethos of the thread.

MyUsernameDoesntHaveNumbers Mon 25-Jul-16 21:06:47

The one with the lovely dress maker?
I think it was removed so as to stop the daily mail printing the story and pictures and ruining her day.

ohidoliketobe Mon 25-Jul-16 21:07:27

I know it got moved to classics, last checked it this weekend as it was the wedding and was checking if there had been and update with wedding pics. Ahh gutted that it's gone.

ohidoliketobe Mon 25-Jul-16 21:08:13

The pictures were deleted after the alterations were made

eatingtomuch Mon 25-Jul-16 21:09:09

The wedding happened this weekend so if it was to stop the daily mail publishing it would be too late.

RaeSkywalker Mon 25-Jul-16 21:12:25

sad I was looking forward to an update.

bananapeanut Mon 25-Jul-16 23:51:32

The OP had it removed for privacy according to the thread deletion message

intravenouscoffee Tue 26-Jul-16 08:18:50

Ah, thanks. It was a lovely thread, hope the OP had a great day.

ilove Tue 26-Jul-16 08:20:01

I do hope she hasn't sold the story sad I'll be really upset if so.

FranksBobot Tue 26-Jul-16 08:21:58

Oh no sad I was looking forward to seeing the final dress.
iLove are you still in touch with OP?

ilove Tue 26-Jul-16 08:26:48

No sad

She's not replied to my messages wishing them a wonderful day, and I'm leaving it at that - if she wants to get back in touch that would be lovely, but at the end of the day I'm just a stranger on the t'interweb really.

user7755 Tue 26-Jul-16 08:28:23

Unless any money is being donated to lovely' charity? Ever the optimist!

eatingtomuch Tue 26-Jul-16 08:31:29

I don't know if she has sold the story. I don't want to start rumours. Just a gut feeling I shared. Seems strange to remove the thread after the event.

FranksBobot Tue 26-Jul-16 08:31:32

I'm hoping the lack of reply to your message is due to crazy hectic wedding related weekend otherwise that is just plain rude. You may be a stranger off the tinterweb but you are a kind hearted stranger who helped another in their time of need. We will all remember that flowers

eatingtomuch Tue 26-Jul-16 08:35:16

I agree franksboot.
I would have liked to think that the OP would share her day with ilove. It was a very kind and generous thing that ilove did.

nailsathome Tue 26-Jul-16 08:38:03

I also came on hoping to see the pictures.

It really was such a lovely thing you did ilove

PurpleDaisies Tue 26-Jul-16 08:44:56

Isn't it most likely she's on her honeymoon and not doing much mumsnetting at the moment? I can understand why she'd want the thread deleted with the daily mail sniffing around for stories. I'm not sure how you get from the thread being deleted to she sold the story. Maybe I'm just really naive (which my phone tried to correct to naice!).

ilove you did a fantastic job. I wish I knew you in real life-you seen lovely!

user7755 Tue 26-Jul-16 08:52:10

Sorry ILove - I thought your name was Lovely blush. It should be!

ilove Tue 26-Jul-16 09:14:23

It's ok. Maybe she changed her mind about the alterations I made, which is absolutely fine - everything I did was un-doable in case she did.

I'm slightly hurt that I've been deleted on FB/blocked, but hey, that's life isn't it. It's fine, I'm not a professional and never claimed to be. As long as they had a great day and she was happy that's all that matters. I just wish I'd got a copy of the lovely things said on the thread, that's all.

Pawprintz Tue 26-Jul-16 09:16:59

I can't believe she blocked you - how strange...

Hopelass Tue 26-Jul-16 09:23:17

Oh what a shame and a sad/unfinished feeling to what was a lovely thread.
I followed from the beginning and may have had something in my eye a time or two. ilove what you did was really generous and I hope OP does get in touch eventually to explain the sudden silent treatment.

ilove Tue 26-Jul-16 09:24:13

Honestly, it's ok. Just one of those things I guess

FuturesAChanging Tue 26-Jul-16 09:26:46

That is sad, I was hoping to see the before and after pictures when they were shown after the wedding.
Hopefully they are just busy on honeymoon/screen time ban.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now