Talk

Advanced search

Reporting

(12 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Idontknowwhoiam Wed 20-Jul-16 00:13:38

What happens when you report a thread or post?
Do you get an update to let you know if they've read it or actioned anything?

avamiah Wed 20-Jul-16 00:17:04

Yes .
It's like a complaint , it has to go through the system and depending on the time you reported it , it could take 24 hours or 2 days.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

avamiah Wed 20-Jul-16 01:37:16

Really?
Thats news to me.
I have reported a "post" that i thought was offensive before and received a email confirmation stating that it was received and then another email stating that the post was within the "guidelines" and I was referred to the terms and conditions.
I can assure you that I would not post any information that I believed to be out of date.

FruStefanOla Wed 20-Jul-16 07:45:02

ava, the Changes To Reports thread was only started by MNHQ last week www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/2684614-A-change-to-the-reports-system.

In summary, all they're saying is that they won't send individual emails to every single MNer who reports something. But in some circumstances they still will - it just depends on the nature of the report.

GloGirl Wed 20-Jul-16 08:38:20

Good, I always felt sorry for MNHQ that it was a bit of a waste of time to reply to each report

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 20-Jul-16 08:43:34

It's all changed now and you don't get a reply. Mind you, I got one the other day, they must've forgotten the system's changedgrin

FruStefanOla Wed 20-Jul-16 08:50:55

Dame, maybe your report was one that needed a reply? On the other thread, RebeccaMNHQ said "We'll continue to mail folks directly as and when the need arises - and as mentioned, we'll be reading each and every report, come what may."

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 20-Jul-16 08:56:35

No, it didn't, it was a jokey one word reply. I'm not complaining, it made me laugh.

FruStefanOla Wed 20-Jul-16 09:25:05

Hahaha grin

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 20-Jul-16 09:41:58

Once again, you lovely lot have done our job for us. It's all true, please do read the linked to thread.

Idontknowwhoiam Wed 20-Jul-16 18:10:46

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now