Talk

Advanced search

Virus

(6 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Roussette Thu 14-Jul-16 22:15:14

MNHQ - regarding the thread removed with the little lad singing that resulted in some sort of virus on my laptop, I need to let you know that now, whenever I click anywhere on MN I get a random page pop up that is difficult to close down, so obviously some sort of virus has embedded itself into MN (hopefully just for me and no one else).

I have run a full scan that too a couple of hours, I thought that would sort it but it hasn't. thought I better let you know...

Roussette Thu 14-Jul-16 22:17:25

If I click on the side of anywhere (which I do to navigate up and down) I get a new page varying from Betterware to sexyaupairs.com to other stuff. I don't seem to get a problem with any other sites except Mumsnet.

Roussette Fri 15-Jul-16 13:44:01

Well..... to update, it isn't just MN. It seemed to be initially but no.

Have run every free malware program going, it isn't eliminating the rogue pages, my expensive laptop (fairly new) is excrutiatingly slow and I've now paid for a well reviewed malware program to eliminate this virus/bug/malware but even that's not working.

So it looks like I am going to have to take my laptop somewhere to be looked at and repaired sad.

Can I just suggest that unless it is youtube, no one posts clips of anything on here (reputable website links are fine probably) because this is an utter nightmare for me and I haven't been able to use my laptop properly since I clicked on the link. (p.s. I know the MNer who posted the thread didn't know this and I don't blame her but perhaps this is a lesson we could all learn. I shan't be clicking on anything like that on here again!)

bdtm78 Mon 09-Oct-17 23:51:21

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SophieLMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Oct-17 11:53:34

Hi rousette,

So sorry for the late reply! We're going to mail you about this.

orlantina Tue 10-Oct-17 15:46:47

I do think it's some kind of virus. There have been several strange goings on with this.

I have cleaned out my cache, started using Firefox with ad blocker and run adware cleaner to get rid of anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now