Talk

Advanced search

Username on Mumsnet Local

(3 Posts)
MrsFogi Mon 27-Jun-16 18:47:52

If I post on mn local to e.g. meet up, sell something, find a service etc I then leave myself open to someone looking up all my old posts (which would leave me feeling somewhat naked blush). So…..assuming I'd like to continue to use mn and keep my anonymity am I left with the insidious choice of either name changing each time I post on mn local or setting up another mn account solely for posting on mn local that may "out" me? Or have I missed some snazzy feature of mn local?

FruStefanOla Tue 28-Jun-16 06:18:44

You can have a different NN for MN Local. But you can't change your NN yourself, MNHQ has to do it for you. Once it's done, then you will be MrsFogi on the main MN site and differentNN on Local - and your name switches automatically between the two sections. And if you chose to NC from MrsFogi, it won't effect your different NN for Local, IYSWIM?

When you set up on Local, I think it gives you the opportunity to use a different NN - but it's so long ago that I did it, that I can't remember what the set-up looks like!

Anyway, to ask MNHQ to register a different NN for Local send them an email on contactus@mumsnet.com

FruStefanOla Tue 28-Jun-16 10:31:28

Um, I meant 'affect' I think blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now