loader

Talk

Advanced search

"We've agreed, as a complete one-off, to take this down for her."

(7 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

AugustaFinkNottle Sun 19-Jun-16 10:47:46

Quote from a thread deletion message.

Come off it, MN, it's not a "complete one-off", is it? You do it regularly when thread-starters claim to have breached their own privacy.

MrsHathaway Sun 19-Jun-16 11:10:42

Agreed.

Unlike some people I don't mind that you do this, but don't pretend it isn't a regular occurrence!

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sun 19-Jun-16 13:15:52

There was a recent FWR one which involved a school and the poster would have been instantly identifiable if a parent of the children involved had seen it. Might have been a very small chance of that happening but if it had the circumstances were clearly unique to this particular school. It was rightly taken down.

fuckincuntbuggerinarse Sun 19-Jun-16 13:20:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AugustaFinkNottle Sun 19-Jun-16 13:23:13

Likewise, I don't mind the fact that it's been done; but to suggest that it's something MN would never normally do is blatantly incorrect.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Jun-16 11:31:01

Hi Augusta,

Not sure exactly which thread you're referring to, but it could be that we meant as a complete one-off for that particular poster. wink

Seriously, though, we really try not to delete whole threads as we think it's a shame when people have taken the time and effort to post their thoughts. But on occasion we will do this if a thread is causing the OP distress - and if they haven't ever asked us to zap something before, we're more likely to say 'yes, we'll do this for you as a one-off'.

downright Sat 25-Jun-16 07:38:40

It's important to be able to cover your tracks if you have made yourself identifiable to someone though, or if you have been outed.

I don't think deleting threads should be difficult.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now