user1234667589954378467

(22 Posts)
WellErrr Tue 07-Jun-16 23:10:29

There are loads of these about now. I thought it was all the same poster for ages.

Someone said they are generated by the app? They make it difficult to follow threads etc. And surely it can't be impossible for people to think of individual usernames?

I don't know what I want you to do but I am registering my stern disapproval <narrows eyes>

WellErrr Wed 08-Jun-16 07:44:03

Just me then? grin

pleaseholdyourcallisimportant Wed 08-Jun-16 07:45:30

Pretty sure MNHQ came on another thread and said they have user12345678 until their account can be verified or something. Will see if I can find it.

Judgeaway Wed 08-Jun-16 07:45:31

No I agree as well, but don't think mnhq will be able to do anything

pleaseholdyourcallisimportant Wed 08-Jun-16 07:49:12

Here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/2641443-Whats-with-all-the-user-numbers-names?msgid=61188085

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Wed 08-Jun-16 07:55:10

Isn't it temporary? How long do they have with that username14etc before they have to register properly? And can there not be something to automatically rename their posts when they do?

Pisses me right off. Even more than "hun".

CiderwithBuda Wed 08-Jun-16 14:14:44

And some f them are being accused of being trolls based on the username.

It's only recent. Why did it suddenly happen? Never used to.

BlueDove Wed 08-Jun-16 17:01:33

It is the app, or the new sign up thing, where you just use your email. You still have to verify your account, so it isn't from that

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Jun-16 18:11:09

Hi folks,

Yes - wot BlueDove says, this is from the App. If you sign up there, you are given a temporary username until you verify your email address, after which you can then change your name.

OrlandaFuriosa Wed 08-Jun-16 18:18:37

Hmmm

Well, very convenient for some, is what I'd say...

BlueDove Wed 08-Jun-16 18:34:32

Katherine - you still need to verify tour email though? I had to

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Wed 08-Jun-16 20:44:20

These are doing my head in.

WellErrr Wed 08-Jun-16 20:52:07

But why?? Can't it be changed? Isn't stuff like this usually 'verify your email before you can post'? Verifying an email when you're already on the laptop takes seconds.

It's bloody annoying.

AnyFucker Wed 08-Jun-16 20:58:50

What is this shit ?

I have a high index of suspicion for the UserNameFuckingStupidNumbers names.

You are doing these people no favours, HQ. Give them a name, ffs.

AyeAmarok Wed 08-Jun-16 20:58:50

Yes they're doing my head in too, I was going to start this thread actually!

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Wed 08-Jun-16 20:58:55

I almost reported two threads today.

Sparklingbrook Wed 08-Jun-16 21:03:38

Useful for identifying interesting new posters. <thinks positive>

LadyStarkOfWinterfell Wed 08-Jun-16 21:05:21

HQ - this is really crap. It's impossible to track posters when they have these stupid user names so please can it be fixed?

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Wed 08-Jun-16 21:10:14

It does sort of weed out any potential "namechanger here" but really newbies.

Doik Wed 08-Jun-16 21:28:11

A couple of us mentioned this on the other thread, but I'm not sure if it's a bigger problem. We signed up, but not on the app, and were allocated usernames that we could not change as they were greyed out. When I emailed about it I was told that tech would sort it for me and was then able to change. I am very new on here, so maybe there were more new people who had the same glitch and haven't realised they need to contact someone to get it sorted.

EverySongbirdSays Thu 04-Aug-16 00:15:01

Just searched this as a topic so that I could either start a thread if one hadn't been or add to the grumble.

I hate it more than Hun or OPs and thread titles with bad SPAG - please change the App rules MNHQ and make people register and pick a UN before getting the App. All it needs to say is please Login if you don't have a MN Login please go online to sign up and verify your email. It's not hard.

EmmelineW Thu 04-Aug-16 09:52:11

You do have to verify your email though and as soon as you go on the app, once you've verified it. It pops up with the change your username facility. The only problem is that you don't have to change it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now