Talk

Advanced search

Change of email address has led to new registration!!!!!

(4 Posts)
BoatyMcBoat Wed 01-Jun-16 01:02:21

I have changed my email address, and duly changed it on the site a little while ago. All apparently fine.

I have just had an email from you thanking me for registering, giving me a membership number, and asking me to click the link to verify my email address, so I did. I found I was no longer BoatyMcBoat, but an entirely new member. Furthermore, when I logged out and logged in again, it didn't accept my new email address but only my old address.

I am using Edge, W10 on pc; it is the same on the iPad via Safari. I have to use my old email address in order to be me on the site.

I do not want to be a new member. I have been posting since 2004/5, but I would like to update my email address (and I would like to receive the Talk Roundup as I don't seem to get it any more).

Could you sort that out for me, please? It makes me sad that you can wipe me out like that!

I shall send gin.

Thanks.

Boaty xx

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 01-Jun-16 16:09:54

Hi Boaty,

We've just replied to your mail about this - do keep an eye out for it.

BoatyMcBoat Wed 01-Jun-16 17:31:24

it's not arrived yet - which email address did you send it to? The old one is a virgin one....

BoatyMcBoat Wed 01-Jun-16 18:32:09

OK, got it at my old email address. Unfortunately, I can only receive mail there and can no longer send any so can't reply! They won't be letting me log in to even receive mail for much longer now, hence my need to change it here.

I'm going to reply using the Report button...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now