Talk

Advanced search

'You're being goady'

(2 Posts)
lovelyandnormal Fri 13-May-16 17:59:43

<dons hard hat>

OK, I realise sometimes - sometimes - someone is being goady. If it's a deliberate attempt to stir trouble, the thread should be reported.

But - when it's a controversial/topical discussion, or a thread subject the individual might find boring or happens to be critical of something they personally do but isn't personal to them (AIBU to hate it when people stop and chat in sainsburys, e.g.) - it's a pain in the arse!

It means the OP has to defend themselves against NOT being goady and its off putting to other users.

Just to reiterate, if someone is genuinely being goady then I think report but otherwise can we not just discuss things?

I'm really not being goady! smile

Rosebud05 Fri 13-May-16 18:03:16

I agree. I was on a thread last week where 'you're being a GF' (goady fucker) was repeatedly used about the OP, it seemed because the argument wasn't going the way that the poster calling GF wanted it to.

Either someone is being goady and report. Or they are and ignore and don't rise to the bait. Or they're not and engage with their argument.

It does sometimes seemed to be used as a way of shouting someone down without engaging with their argument.

Even more annoyingly, on the same thead, a particular poster filled up the last 30 or so messages with random words just so that no-one else could post. Again they were losing ground in an argument. Just leaving the thread would be more sensible, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now