Talk

Advanced search

Reporting Zombie threads - is there any point?

(5 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

SilverBirchWithout Fri 13-May-16 00:32:28

At the moment we have a particular Zombie thread from 4 years ago in Trending.

I have reported it because it is the usual made-up story about benefit fraud (I personally loathe this types of threads because they perpetuate the myth about people on benefits).

But I can't help wondering whether there is any point in reporting a thread this old?

BarbaraofSeville Fri 13-May-16 13:09:29

It's the Penis Beaker thread now. Don't understand why because no-one can post because it's full.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 13-May-16 20:43:18

Hi SilverBirchWithout,

In a word, yes, it is worth reporting such threads to us. If they're maxed out or zombie threads, and we agree that it would be better that they don't keep showing up in Trending, we can hit the magic button to make sure they're excluded from the block.

To answer your question, Barbara, the way Trending works is that every five minutes we get a list of the top-viewed threads from Google Analytics, and we display the first five of those.

Trending highlights the most-viewed threads, not the most posted on - which is why a thread which is several years old often makes it into the Trending block.

MrsHathaway Fri 13-May-16 21:24:05

To answer your question, Barbara, the way Trending works is that every five minutes we get a list of the top-viewed threads from Google Analytics, and we display the first five of those. Trending highlights the most-viewed threads, not the most posted on - which is why a thread which is several years old often makes it into the Trending block.

I've asked before, but why do you do this? What is it supposed to add to our experience?

BarbaraofSeville Fri 13-May-16 21:29:06

OK thanks, I think I thought it was the threads with the most posts on recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now