Talk

Advanced search

App has problem with return to Mumsnet Talk function

(6 Posts)
TrappedByTiredness Tue 03-May-16 19:31:54

When I click a link it always loses my place in the thread, in fact, it loses the thread altogether.

There was a time when this didn't happen, or st least it didn't happen so much. Have there been any updates that don't include this function working properly or something?

I've been using the test flight app which stopped working so I had to go back to the App Store for the most recent app.

TrappedByTiredness Wed 04-May-16 23:28:52

Ok, little update. I've been on MN more today and noticed this.

When I click a notification for anything independent of MN, I can press "back to Mumsnet talk" with success.

However, every single time there is a safari link in the thread, it will not allow me to go back to that thread. I always lose my place completely.

Mumsnet, is there anything you can do about this? It's really hard to follow style and beauty posts with all the links and suggestions for outfits!

TimTech (MNHQ) Thu 05-May-16 10:20:01

Hey TrappedByTiredness, thanks for mentioning the issue. I'm struggling to reproduce it - here's what I've done:

- In the app, opened this post
- Found a link, selected it
- Automatically jumped to safari
- Returned to the app (with the back arrow in the top-left)
- For me, the thread is in exactly the place I left it - is it different for you?

The phone will essentially quit the app in the background if you're low on space. So this could be the cause (we unfortunately have no control over when the phone quite the app in the background).

cozietoesie Thu 05-May-16 10:33:59

Likewise. It seemed to behave itself perfectly. (Although it could be lulling me into a false sense of security and biding its time for later today. grin) I don't have any capacity issues though.

cozietoesie Thu 05-May-16 10:36:15

Sorry - that's on an iPad though.

TrappedByTiredness Thu 05-May-16 12:17:11

TimTech

When I clicked your link it was fine, it didn't take me to safari but to a page about Trump on this app. As a result, I didn't click 'back to MN talk' but I clicked an arrow on the top left instead.

It allows me to leave the MN app to do anything apart from safari links and it didn't used to be like this (only since I returned after using the test flight app).

Wen I sync my phone to iTunes, I see I have 5.2GB memory capacity available if that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now