MN local

(7 Posts)
sunnyoutside Mon 02-May-16 08:53:23

Want to post on MN local. Do I just change my username in the usual way and then change back when I want to post on Talk threads?

FruStefanOla Mon 02-May-16 09:09:05

IIRC, when you join your MN local board, it gives you the option to have a different NN for local.

You don't subsequently have to NC between MN local and every other board - it remembers your MN local name automatically.

So whilst you would be sunnyoutside everywhere else, once you click onto your MN local board your other local NN will show.

sunnyoutside Mon 02-May-16 09:17:31

So can you not change nn for MNlocal? As in I had already registered under a previous nn but don't want to use that one.

FruStefanOla Mon 02-May-16 09:21:18

If you want to change your existing local NN you have to ask MNHQ to do it, you can't do it yourself.

Either report this thread asking for their help or send them an email to contactus@mumsnet.com.

As it's a bank holiday today, there's probably only a skeleton staff on duty so they might not be able to do it immediately.

YellowPaint Mon 02-May-16 09:22:57

Ah ok thankyou. That makes sense.

YellowPaint Mon 02-May-16 09:24:27

oh ffs grin I think I need a sign on my forehead saying TWAT!

FruStefanOla Mon 02-May-16 09:32:00

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now