Talk

Advanced search

Search function and Skim Links

(4 Posts)
laundryelf Tue 26-Apr-16 17:10:16

I have been trying to search on Mumsnet but when I click on a thread that the search brings up, it goes to a Skim Links page which says the link is broken. Tried several different searches and same result, everything is Skim Links, link broken.
Does anyone know what is going on? Is it something I am doing wrong or an issue with the site?

pickacard Mon 04-Jul-16 06:32:26

I'd also love to know the answer to this as it's just taken half an hour and two different laptops to bring up the thread I was searching for. I can see the thread I want, but when I click on it I also get the Skimlinks/redirect/broken link msg. I disabled adblocker as an experiment and it didn't make any difference. The only other difference between the two laptops is that the broken link one is running Kaspersky and this one isn't. I have probably missed something obvious ...

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Jul-16 11:48:48

Hi laundryelf and pickacard,

Thanks for flagging. Can we ask what devices and browsers you are using? If you could also send some screenshots, that would be really helpful for tech to see what's going on.

pickacard Mon 04-Jul-16 12:37:20

Hi Katherine,
I'm using Firefox on a laptop, however I tried IE as well and had the same issue. Here is the url and the message I'm getting. Thanks for your help!

go.redirectingat.com/?rdrflb=1

If you’ve landed on this page, you may be wondering exactly what it’s all about.

We’re Skimlinks — a service that helps online publishers earn money.

When links in publishers’ content lead their users to click through and buy from an online retailer, we make sure they’re rewarded!

We aim to make our service seamless and unobtrusive, so your user experience should not be interrupted. If you’ve landed on this page and didn’t mean to, unfortunately you’ve most likely clicked on a broken link along the way. Links can be broken if they are badly formatted; if you spot any again, we’d advise reporting these to the site owner.

- Team Skimlinks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now