Why on earth has the conspiracies thread gone into classics?

(20 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MardyBra Sun 17-Apr-16 10:04:03

Yes I know it's a taat and also some posters are making these points on the thread but the comments may be missed by MNHQ and others who havent read the thread through to the bitter end.

Sure, there are some interesting ideas, but there is a lot of wild speculation, dodgy batshit ideas, and thinly disguised accusations that might get MNHQ sued. And a lot of the theories are distasteful to survivors/ relatives of those involved.

I'm inclined to agree with the poster who suggested MNHQ has finally jumped the shark on this one.

IAmTheWhoreOfBabylon Sun 17-Apr-16 10:09:28

I agree OP
It's all fun when it's alien abductions and lizards but once it turns to real people like Jade Goody faked her death hmm and hints that a random poster knows what MM's parents did to her it's shocking and MN deserve to be sued
These are real people with children and families not a bit of fun to entertain a load of mumsnetters

MardyBra Sun 17-Apr-16 10:16:25

I suspect that some of the nutters invested posters on the thread asked for classics status and MNHQ didn't think it through properly.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 17-Apr-16 10:18:47

Yep I agree. The MM comments were so distasteful amongst others. It's a thread that turns up from time to time and can be interesting but best read then and there, no need for eternity in classics.

AugustaFinkNottle Sun 17-Apr-16 10:19:38

I completely agree.

Lanark2 Sun 17-Apr-16 10:24:53

Its because it's supporters are a network of highly influential individuals with direct links to the major currency networks that underpin global economics.

Maryz Sun 17-Apr-16 10:25:28

It started in chat, didn't it? So it should have disappeared after 90 days, which means some people might have posted things that they otherwise wouldn't say.

Not that they should say them, but there is definitely a bit of a "this is in chat, it's going" feel to that thread.

Or was it aibu? I hid it when it stopped being amusing.

veryproudvolleyballmum Sun 17-Apr-16 10:27:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotDavidTennant Sun 17-Apr-16 10:27:53

Some of the theories on that thread are so ridiculous that it's difficult to tell if people genuine believe they might be true or if they are being tongue in cheek.

Sparklingbrook Sun 17-Apr-16 10:41:43

People keep looking for it and being told it's in Classics. I was confused

I hid it presuming it would be bonkers.

StiickEmUp Sun 17-Apr-16 10:56:00

People are a delicious combination of bored and stupid

AlistairSim Sun 17-Apr-16 11:02:29

It's a conspiracy, innit?

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 17-Apr-16 11:34:28

Hi all - apologies for this. It was a poor decision and we've now moved the thread back to Chat. Thanks so much for your thread MardyBra and those who have reported.

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 17-Apr-16 11:35:58

lanark 😂

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 17-Apr-16 11:36:16

Oops!!! I meant grin

MardyBra Sun 17-Apr-16 12:00:03

Thanks Becca flowers

Lanark2 Sun 17-Apr-16 14:53:30

grin

I think the real problem is that the CSA have such a backlog that they haven't been able to do background checks on all the MNers to see who is really onto them, and who can be leant on etc, so Mumsnet has been asked in a top secret communique from the higher echelons of government to keep the portal live to bait new activists and the nu-aware cliques that threaten international social stability.

SilverBirchWithout Sun 17-Apr-16 16:25:46

I thought it was being kept as a helpful reference resource to aid us in identifying all the batshit posters on MN. smile

Some of us don't have time to keep a spreadsheet.

quencher Tue 19-Apr-16 14:53:24

Well I could have name changed to say that I have. But I haven't. I still could and will in certain circumstances. So the list of people who appeared on there will not mean much on Mn. It would be childish to judge a person by the one comment they have posted on a thread to then hold a grudge based on that.
grin

SilverBirchWithout Tue 19-Apr-16 18:46:32

Is there some sort of humour versus conspiracy theorist algorithm that anyone can lend me for my spreadsheet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now