Talk

Advanced search

Could we have a display password option?

(9 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

loosechange Sat 09-Apr-16 20:21:43

I suspect it is a sign of my age, but most of the times I enter my password on my mobile I make a typo which I don't spot, and on a daily basis I have to enter the password three times in one sitting.

Any chance we could have a display password option (for whilst typing the password in) for incompetents like me?

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 10-Apr-16 11:54:35

Hi loosechange - we'll have a chat with Tech and see what they say.

Will also bump this to see if anyone else would find this useful.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 10-Apr-16 11:55:56

Alternatively, can you get your browser to save your password and then you don't have to type it in at all? <lazy>

bloodynoris Sun 10-Apr-16 13:16:38

I have big fat fingers and always put the password in wrong so I would like this idea.

loosechange Sun 10-Apr-16 20:15:13

I struggle mainly with inputting the password correctly on my mobile phone. I prefer not to store passwords on my mobile, not sure what I think a mobile phone their will do with my MN account, but I prefer to keep my privacy in case anyone plays with it.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 11-Apr-16 13:39:58

Has this been changed as I have been asked to log in on my iPad and it just looks different so have chosen not to login there.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 11-Apr-16 14:07:02

Hi there Lonecat. Could you possibly send us a screenshot of the log-on page that looks different? We'll get Tech to have a look and just check it all seems above board. Thanks!

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 11-Apr-16 14:27:33

Not on my iPad currently so unable to send, but it has an eye enabling switching on and off seeing the password.

mejon Wed 20-Apr-16 10:21:57

I'm bumping this as I'd like the option too. Having had to reset our PC I found I had to log back in to most websites today and despite inputting what I believed to be my password, it kept failing so I had to do a password reset (and had to have several attempts at that too as they didn't match!), being able to see what I've typed would be a huge help (on PC and phone).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now