Talk

Advanced search

Thread deletions

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

mackinnonka Wed 06-Apr-16 10:06:04

I've noticed a few threads or posts being deleted recently (some of them being mine) and just wondering whether MNHQ could be more specific on which guidelines have been 'broken' and thus caused them to delete the thread. I appreciate the admins have to 'police' the forums etc and it is necessary but I'm always left a bit dumbfounded when a thread I am watching or even one of my posts has been 'deleted by MNHQ for breaking our Talk Guidelines' and yet can't seem to make the connection as to which guideline/why.

I've read the guidelines and don't think my posts go against any of them confused I would certainly like to know so that I don't keep making the same supposed mistake and also so that when a thread I was watching is removed i actually know why....

IamCarcass Wed 06-Apr-16 10:13:42

I agree, I refreshed the arm cut one and it disappeared with no clue as to the issue with it. Certainly would help to know my troll detector really isn't that good.

DraenorQueen Wed 06-Apr-16 10:16:34

Yes I was wondering why that one got zapped too

FeralBeryl Wed 06-Apr-16 12:39:17

Do you still get a deletion message if you're only 'watching' a thread, or do you have to have posted on it?

IamCarcass Wed 06-Apr-16 13:35:17

FeralBeryl great name BTW! I put a watch on the aforementioned thread (after I saw it was going to be deleted) and it just disappeared from my watch list. So I guess you have to actually post on it. Which explains why so many people do annoying follows, rather than just watch.
Bit short sighted of MNHQ that.

OddSocksHighHeels Wed 06-Apr-16 19:50:09

Do you often quote other posters? It might be that your posts don't break guidelines but you're quoting somebody that did so they have to delete your post too.

mackinnonka Thu 07-Apr-16 10:46:08

No I don't tend to quote other posters :S

I guess it doesn't matter really, if it's deemed inappropriate and it's removed that is that but I would like to know just from curiosity really!

My last thread was about whether people were using the 'local mumsnet' pages as the ones for my area seem really quiet and I've been trying to drum up interest and get them going (which to me is kind of the point of local forums).

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 10-Apr-16 13:48:51

Hi mackinnonka - would you be happy to point us in the direction of the threads or posts you're referring to? Then we can take a closer look. Apologies for the delay.

Flumplet Sun 10-Apr-16 13:50:54

Yes, and on the app you don't get a deletion message at all; threads just disappear.

mackinnonka Tue 12-Apr-16 11:10:23

BeccaMumsnet , the thread I started that was deleted is:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2607492-Essex-mums-and-mums-to-be?

Just wondering why do I don't make the same mistake again!

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 12-Apr-16 16:01:02

Hi mackinnonka - your Local Editor will be in touch with you about this one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now