Talk

Advanced search

Ad all around the desktop screen - it's a PITA. Disneyland Paris - Sing-Along-With-Elsa.

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

FruStefanOla Tue 15-Mar-16 16:32:45

Here's a screenshot. The ad is hosted by REALPREMIUM (or something like that).

It moves, it sings, it makes the entire desktop site unstable wherever it appears. I could see it on the home page of Chat and Property/DIY this morning ... but heaven knows where else it is. It's frozen my laptop a few times this morning (and will probably do so again this afternoon).

Please get rid of it MNHQ.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 15-Mar-16 16:40:57

Hi Fru - we'll send this over to our Ads team. Thank you for flagging.

FruStefanOla Tue 15-Mar-16 16:45:05

Ooops, sorry, meant to say I'm on a MacBookPro, Safari.

Thank you Becca!

Summerisle1 Tue 15-Mar-16 18:41:52

Having had some sort of creature attempting to eat my screen as a result of this hideous piece of advertising, can I second the OP's comments? This is the most disruptive ad ever and isn't helped by not even moving smoothly but juddering around horridly as snow falls unreliably before everything gets..well...Frozen.

I'm on an iMac with Chrome.

FruStefanOla Tue 15-Mar-16 18:48:38

Yes, Summer, you're right, that creature (is it a moose or reindeer) is part of that ghastly moving, screen-eating and SINGING ad. If I have to listen to 'Let It Go Let It Go' one more time, I think I'm going to scream.

And I've turned the sound down!

FruStefanOla Tue 15-Mar-16 18:53:05

One would like to hope that Saatchis isn't the UK ad agency for Disneyland Paris, otherwise this would have been a waste of time www.thedrum.com/news/2016/03/15/mumsnet-teams-saatchi-saatchi-show-brands-how-connect-mothers

Millie2013 Tue 15-Mar-16 20:08:40

It's awful, it's making me dizzy!

FruStefanOla Wed 16-Mar-16 10:51:04

Ah, it's not REALPREMIUM it's JUSTPREMIUM .... and it's still happening.

I don't mind ads on MN, after all that's how you make your money. But these moving, screen-eating, singing ads are making the site almost unusable.

dreamingon Wed 16-Mar-16 14:43:42

Do you have any idea when you will sort this ad out. It is impossible to read "Chat" as just when you are about to post on the thread the whole board moves.

FruStefanOla Wed 16-Mar-16 16:56:24

That blarsted ad seems to have gone now since the new upgrade this morning ..... fingers crossed!

PenguindreamsofDraco Thu 17-Mar-16 09:22:41

I am getting this today not with Elsa but with something that looks like it's drawing a bed or other furniture. It's very hard to read the screen with all of the background moving around in the background. Is there a way of blocking ads?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now