Talk

Advanced search

Hiding the sex topic?

(15 Posts)
Fractiousfractions Mon 14-Mar-16 12:52:14

At the risk of being accused of being a prude, is there any support for hiding threads started in the Sex topic from trending/active? I've thought this before but the repeated appearance of 'Fisting' in Active is reinforcing this even more. I know we don't have to open the thread but even the word is a bit much for me! On the other hand I can see it might lead people to post more sex stuff in Chat for traffic...

kelda Mon 14-Mar-16 12:53:05

You can hide the topic if you go to customise.

poocatcherchampion Mon 14-Mar-16 12:53:51

It keeps shocking me too!

DonkeyOaty Mon 14-Mar-16 12:57:50

Yes you can hide whole topics and I would urge you to do so forthwith

Fractiousfractions Mon 14-Mar-16 12:58:08

On my phone I seem to be able to hide threads but not topics. Will try on a desktop, thanks kelda <fiddles with settings while clutching pearls>

WorraLiberty Mon 14-Mar-16 13:00:53

Pearls or love beads? grin

halo

Fractiousfractions Mon 14-Mar-16 13:01:59

Noooooo!

WorraLiberty Mon 14-Mar-16 13:03:04

Listen lady. You brought pearl necklaces into this, not me! shock

grin

kelda Mon 14-Mar-16 13:03:10

Yes you can hide it on the laptop. Maybe I've hidden it? I never see anything like that in Active.

'You can opt never to see certain topics in Active Conversations or opt in to see the Special Needs topic (which otherwise does not display). To manage these options (and your list of hidden threads, if you have any), go here (but do save first if you have made other changes on this page).'

Gowgirl Mon 14-Mar-16 13:04:30

I only just realised there is a sex topic! Serves me right for camping out in Aibu I supposegrin

Maryz Mon 14-Mar-16 13:04:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gowgirl Mon 14-Mar-16 13:08:04

I thought hq hid the fisting thread at the op's request Maryz!

Fractiousfractions Mon 14-Mar-16 13:10:23

The sex topic has now been banished from my active, hurrah. No more fisting or pearl necklaces. Thanks for the tips!

Maryz Mon 14-Mar-16 13:20:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fractiousfractions Mon 14-Mar-16 13:34:09

Yy Maryz. I'm an embittered infertile and so ironically as well as hiding sex I've now also hidden conception/pregnancy/childbirth etc. Would be great not to see topics I'd rather avoid in Trending as well as active (although obviously there will always be some threads about babies here as its Mumsnet not Infertilesnet and that's clearly fine smile).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now