Wrong attribution of posts on app

(15 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

cozietoesie Sat 12-Mar-16 18:57:28

For the second time, I've just seen a post repeated in a thread and wrongly attributed to a different poster from the one who originally posted. The first time was last night and on both occasions, I was flung out of MN and a message came up saying that the App had 'unexpectedly quit'. Is there a particular problem? I would have thought that post attribution was pretty fundamental to the site.

cozietoesie Sat 12-Mar-16 20:30:17

Sorry - that would be the third time it's happened and not the second.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 13-Mar-16 12:28:59

Hi cozie - oh blimey, thank you so much for flagging. Has this been happening in a particular place (e.g. Active or Chat) or anywhere on the site? Would you be able to grab a screenshot next time it happens please?

cozietoesie Sun 13-Mar-16 13:00:08

Certainly shall alert you. I actually took screenshots on the 1st and 3rd occasions but I didn't post them above because they show posters with the wrong words seeming to come out of their mouths. That made me edgy without their permissions.

cozietoesie Sun 13-Mar-16 13:02:29

PS - one was in AIBU and one in Money Matters. I forget the location of the occurrence in between.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 13-Mar-16 13:34:02

Hi cozie - that's great, thank you so much.

If you want to, you can always send them in to contactus@mumsnet.com, or report the thread to us when it happens.

Thanks again. We'll see if we can find out what's going on.

cozietoesie Sun 13-Mar-16 13:37:52

I'll send them to you.

I hope. (Lack of caffeine here.)

Thanks Becca.

cozietoesie Wed 30-Mar-16 14:58:13

Sorry - it just did it again. (Someone else's name has been saddled with my posts, even if only temporarily.)

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Mar-16 12:19:42

Arrghh no! Please do grab a screenshot if you can.
Which device are you using?

Has anyone else noticed this?

cozietoesie Thu 31-Mar-16 12:32:59

I was on the iPad and the new App. Same as last time. I think I took a screenshot at the time.

cozietoesie Thu 31-Mar-16 12:37:05

Here it is. The actual post is the one under my name so apologies in advance to CloudBlossom who is entirely innocent in this matter.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Mar-16 12:37:44

Oh yes, of course - apologies Cozie. We'll ask Tech to look again. Thank you.

cozietoesie Thu 31-Mar-16 12:37:54

Sorry - CherryBlossom. blush

cozietoesie Thu 31-Mar-16 12:38:50

Thanks, Becca.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Mar-16 12:40:33

Oooh, great, thank you again cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now