We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What are you doing to protect against paedophiles trolling this site in order to conduct 'market research' on what they can get away with.

(14 Posts)
Redroses11 Mon 07-Mar-16 22:38:22

Just the above really.

Do you report suspicious potentially illegal behaviour to police?

paxillin Mon 07-Mar-16 23:35:03

Is this tickling baby again or have there been others?

VertigoNun Mon 07-Mar-16 23:36:41

shock

BertrandRussell Mon 07-Mar-16 23:37:14

Eh?

WutheringFrights Mon 07-Mar-16 23:38:49

Unfortunately it's mostly down to the people who engage with the trolls.
From the threads tonight's it's been blindingly obvious what they were but people still kept asking questions and giving advice.
It's what they feed on. If people think it's a troll they need to step away from the thread and report. Mnhq can't read every single thread they are too busy drinking gin

Redroses11 Mon 07-Mar-16 23:46:27

MNHQ has the power to report illegal behaviour. They should also have the power to report suspicious behaviour.

I'm asking whether they do.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 08-Mar-16 00:41:58

Hi there,

Thanks for the post.

We are looking into this now but we tend not to comment on the specifics of individuals.

If there was a clear safeguarding issue, then we have and do contact the police.

Redroses11 Tue 08-Mar-16 00:45:11

Rebecca. Thank you for your reply.
If there is a suspected safeguarding issue, can I assume you do nothing?

PlaymobilPirate Tue 08-Mar-16 00:48:59

Rebecca said they can and do go to the police. That's not nothing op.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 08-Mar-16 00:49:26

It would depend on the case, what issues were presented and how much info we had Roses. We do not hand over any data unless there is a clear safeguarding issue or we are compelled to do so by law.

Redroses11 Tue 08-Mar-16 00:53:26

So then, in the case of a poster posting a fictional scenario about what is or is not appropiate 'tickling' or a baby, would you consider this a safeguarding issue?

Redroses11 Tue 08-Mar-16 00:58:26

You've already acknowledged that it's fictional by deleting the thread. I want to know whether you are going to report it to the police (together with IP addresses)? It's a Yes/No question.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 08-Mar-16 01:03:22

and we don't comment on individual cases i'm afraid Redrose.

firesidechat Tue 08-Mar-16 09:49:37

I don't think we need to know exactly what mn have or will do about a specific poster. I assume that telling the whole of mn how they have acted in this case could prejudice any future actions. The fact that they have contacted the police in the past and hopefully would do again is enough for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now