Talk

Advanced search

Help! The mobile site is all weird!

(6 Posts)
CuttedUpPear Sat 27-Feb-16 01:22:32

It's like the desktop site but absolutely TINY.
I'm having to zoom in to read the words.
I shouldn't even be able to zoom in. It's not right I tell you.

I'm having to shift the page about the place just to read anything at all. It's horrible.

And there's no option bar at the foot of the page any more.

If tech could just get on with the Android app I wouldn't have to put up with all this!

KeyboardMum Sat 27-Feb-16 02:26:40

Oh dear, may I ask what device you are using? If I emulate the page with a Nokia, I get a similar result to what you are describing - a desktop page in teeny-weeny-eye-straino vision, rather than a responsive/mobile site.

Seems to work fine with my iPhone/ my OHs Samsung Galaxy.

There's so many devices accessing the internet nowdays. Getting a website to look spot-on, on everything can be tricky. Big sites like this tend to cater more for the popular mobile choices.

icklekid Sat 27-Feb-16 04:35:53

Check settings on your mobile as this happens when I click 'request desktop site' otherwise right at the bottom of the mini desktop site zoom in and it will say mobile site. This will take you back to normal.

CuttedUpPear Sat 27-Feb-16 07:47:38

I'm on a Samsung phone.

Where's the Android app MNHQ? I even offered to trial it but heard nothing back from you sad

CuttedUpPear Sat 27-Feb-16 07:50:34

Thanks for the advice Icklekid, I would never have found that amongst all the tiny text on the page.

I want an app! <stamps tiny foot>

HunterHearstHelmsley Sat 27-Feb-16 07:50:40

There should be a button right at the bottom that says mobile site.

I've changed to the desktop one by mistake before too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now