Talk

Advanced search

So many emails!!

(9 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

FloatyFlo Thu 25-Feb-16 16:10:49

I'm beginning to find the emails from Mumsnet a bit excessive. I'm getting three daily. I don't want to sweep MN into the junk as some are important e.g the Cadbury panel stuff. Anyway you can like..I don't know.. Stop! grin

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 25-Feb-16 17:05:51

Hi FloatyFlo,

So sorry that you've been feeling a bit bombarded!

You are able to change your email settings - if you go to your MyMumsnet account details page and hit the 'Newsletters' tab, you can choose which ones you'd like to receive still.

Hope that helps. smile

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 25-Feb-16 17:07:53

Hi Floaty - we just really love emailing you grin

Which emails in particular would you rather not be getting?

With newsletters, you can subscribe/unsubscribe on this page: www.mumsnet.com/member/email-options.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 25-Feb-16 17:08:22

Oh no blush

My bad, Dawn. Apologies <hides>

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 25-Feb-16 17:10:04

Awkward that we're now also bombarding you with posts...

grin

FloatyFlo Fri 26-Feb-16 08:50:03

Ah great cross posts! 😁

Thanks for responses. Will go tweak the newsletter settings now.

Seriouslyffs Fri 26-Feb-16 09:11:33

grin

ThumbWitchesAbroad Fri 26-Feb-16 14:59:10

Hilarious over-posting by MNHQ! grin

I was going to say the same thing - just been into my associated email account and found it spammed up by mumsnet emails, Mumsnet Daily.

I get now, from this thread, that I can change options here - but wouldn't it be a good idea to allow people to change options from the emails themselves instead? I tried to go into Preferences via the email, and the only option I was given was to unsubscribe from ALL MN emails, not something I wanted to do.

So I was going to start a thread suggesting you give people options in the email Preferences to reduce the number; but now I've seen this, maybe your emails should direct them to their account and My MN to change settings there?

Frustrating, otherwise.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Fri 26-Feb-16 15:01:38

And now I've been into my account, I'm disappointed to see that I can't elect to go back to the original level of MN parenting news emails, because it's lumped in with MN daily. I was quite happy with getting one a month or whatever it was; daily is far too much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now