Trending - again

(12 Posts)
Maryz Mon 22-Feb-16 13:03:09

So the playdate thread has been full for over two hours, but is still in Trending because of the new absolutely ridiculous way of selecting threads for Trending.

Can't we go back to selecting threads that are actually, erm active trending?

Owllady Mon 22-Feb-16 13:04:47

How do you know what is trending?
I feel as though I'm not fit for the world of mumsnet sad

Maryz Mon 22-Feb-16 13:07:03

It's over >> ^^ there on the right beside Discussions of the day.

And it's not trending or trendy, or popular or active. It's an advertiser's delight random threads that have been clicked on a lot

I'm not fit either <adjusts ear trumpet and perfects grumpy old git face>

Owllady Mon 22-Feb-16 13:13:15

I can't see discussions of the day either confused

Sparklingbrook Mon 22-Feb-16 13:24:51

When I am on my phone I can't see DOTD or Trending, I guess they are on there somewhere, but on laptop they are on the right under the 'Advanced Search' box.

I am really not fit, I can't read properly today. grin

Owllady Mon 22-Feb-16 13:28:05

I've been told off at least twice too. It's worse than being a child
I'm on a tablet. Could do with being on some I think wink

EmpressOfTheVulvaCupcakes Mon 22-Feb-16 14:12:51

Tech pick the 5 most viewed threads from Google Analytics as Trending.

I use GA at work. It's telling them which threads are being looked at, not which are being posted on. Tweaking it to show which threads are getting the most posts instead wouldn't be that difficult & surely it would make a lot more sense?

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 22-Feb-16 14:18:39

I vote for "Trending" to be scrapped in favour of the "Most Active" toogrin.

This is MN, not Twitter. Not all changes are good changes!

Quiero Mon 22-Feb-16 14:38:46

Thank you for explaining how trending works. I've been baffled by it for some time. What is the benefit to MN - is it show advertisers what we're looking at?

Get rid of it...it's shit. Most active was actually useful, this provides no benefit to us AND it's problematic because as Maryz pointed out full and deleted threads get stuck on it.

Maryz Mon 22-Feb-16 15:04:09

It's still there, four hours after being full.

I don't get the point, I really don't.

DownstairsMixUp Mon 22-Feb-16 15:09:33

I don't get it either. Seems like MN and FB are following the twitter thing. Be using hashtags next on here.

Thurlow Mon 22-Feb-16 15:46:54

Most Active was so much better. I want to know which threads are attracting the most comments and discussion, not which threads are being read the most.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now