Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ please, for the love of gods GET RID OF THE AQUILA AD

(21 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

BoreOfWhabylon Tue 16-Feb-16 19:03:24

The one up there ^^ at the top

We've been telling you for weeks now that it is buggering up our ipads and it is STILL DOING IT

Only more so

freezefreezefreezejumpfreezejumpjumpfreeze

I'm a patient woman but this is beyond a joke now.

MN is unusable

AnthonyPandy Tue 16-Feb-16 19:07:21

I'm on a laptop and my screen jumps too, I hadn't realised it was to do with an advert. I hadn't even noticed the advert, which defeats the purpose of having an advert! I hope Aquila didn't pay too much for it.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 16-Feb-16 19:08:23

Hi BOW,

We've just this minute flagged this to our Ads team off the back of another thread - someone managed to grab a screenshot of it, so hopefully we'll get it sorted very swiftly.

In the meantime, we really are very sorry!

whatsitallabout1 Tue 16-Feb-16 19:09:45

I do recommend Aquila though...

BoreOfWhabylon Tue 16-Feb-16 19:10:37

Thank you Dawn but, as I say, we've been complaining about this for weeks and nothing's been done about it.

There are several threads about it in Site Stuff already.

Becca19962014 Tue 16-Feb-16 20:02:26

I was just about to post about this as well.

BUT on mine this advert crashes everything. I find its other ads that are making it jump around not only this one. Ive had (over the past couple of days) huge MN ads which are then replaced by smaller banner ones. It is possible for such an area on a site like this to have a fixed banner size with all ads expanded or made smaller automatically without causing issues for people using MN. Perhaps that is an option?

AnthonyPandy Wed 17-Feb-16 21:26:00

I don't know if you are aware or not but the screen still jumps.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 18-Feb-16 09:34:03

driving me batty.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Feb-16 12:50:00

Hi BOW - our Ads team have been looking into it, but unfortunately some ads are a bit trickier to locate and/or get rid of. We are really very sorry for the delay on this one because we know it's been a major pita.

kungfupannda Fri 19-Feb-16 12:22:19

I'm assuming this is what's making my screen jump. I've got adblocker but every time I load a new page it stays still for about 3 seconds and then jumps so that whatever I'd started reading moves several inches down the screen. Very, very irritating.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 19-Feb-16 14:51:22

Hi all,

Is this still happening? Can you please tell us where you see it and what device you are seeing it on please? Screenshots would be brilliant.

Many thanks

BoreOfWhabylon Fri 19-Feb-16 15:53:52

Hi Becca and Rebecca

It seems to have settled down for me - but it did that a couple of weeks ago and then started up again.

I have an ipad, and use safari and desktop site.

It was definitely the Avila ad at the top of the page, which appears to have disappeared now.

I was unable to do screenshots as the whole ipad would freeze and become unresponsive. All I could do was force a shutdown of ipad.

wigglesrock Fri 19-Feb-16 17:38:41

When it was happening to me - I was using Safari on an ipad on the mobile site. I haven't been using my iPad over the past few days as much but I don't remember it happening last night. I can't take a screenshot because I can do nothing when it happens - that's what is so irritating.

AdriftOnMemoryBliss Sat 20-Feb-16 14:55:59

is this why my laptop screen keeps jumping?

I have adblock, but a few seconds after i load the page, it jumps down and i'm getting a HUGE white space at the top of the page!

AdriftOnMemoryBliss Sat 20-Feb-16 14:56:43

normal white space up there is about an inch, its jumping to about 3 or 4!

firesidechat Sat 20-Feb-16 20:06:32

Ah that's what's causing the annoying jump. Only noticed it today, but it is irritating me so much. I have an ad blocker too, so just white space at the top of the page, but the leaping around when loading a page is putting me right off mn.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 20-Feb-16 22:04:32

Evening all,

Is anyone still seeing the Aquila ad? Our Ads team have assured us that they've sorted that one. confused

If anyone can grab a screenshot of any ads that seem to be causing problems, please do post them here so we can get them checked out.

Many thanks.

SwedishEdith Sat 20-Feb-16 22:07:39

Adblocker here as well and still delay delay jump etc.

Violetcloud Sun 21-Feb-16 10:20:01

Interesting... I've been having this jumping problem for a couple of days and just paused adblocker to see what the advert was. This immediately stopped happening, the advert (something about fairy powder) was a normal size and the screen didn't jump.

Just resumed adblocker and the jumping's started again.

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 21-Feb-16 11:02:47

Haven't seen the Aquila ad for afew days now Dawn.

Thank you.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 21-Feb-16 11:55:18

Hi BOW - oooh yay. Thanks for letting us know.

SwedishEdith and Violetcloud - sounds like there is an issue with Ad Blocker and the site as well. Swedish, if you pause Ad Blocker, does the jumping stop, as it did with Violetcloud?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now