Talk

Advanced search

Agreeing, sympathising, relating to a Troll?

(6 Posts)
NewLife4Me Sun 07-Feb-16 23:13:07

Have you ever related to a particular thread from a troll, even when others have suggested troll?
Others think the story isn't true but the reasons they give, you know could easily apply and be plausible?
So, troll but not for the reasons people think, and also because you are agreeing with them/ standing up for them, the argument they wanted doesn't happen?

PurpleDaisies Sun 07-Feb-16 23:19:58

Have you got a thread in mind? If it's the one I think at least a few people reported it and it's still there so Mnhq must not have any evidence it is a troll.

Troll threads can be interesting. I've been taken in by a few. I guess the "best" ones pick scenarios that are just plausible enough that people respond.

NewLife4Me Sun 07-Feb-16 23:26:43

I do have one in mind, because it happened to me, but the thread has gone.

Don't want TAAT but if others have experienced this.
You can sort of sense that you are part of whether others post or not as active on the thread, iyswim

PurpleDaisies Sun 07-Feb-16 23:34:38

My apologies-the thread has gone. Hadn't scrolled down far enough in threads I'm on. I think the op's responses didn't fit at all with a genuine poster, even if the op was plausible.

0phelia Sun 07-Feb-16 23:37:51

Trolling is not on. It ruins discussion for everyone.

If you "relate" to a trolling thread, and you feel as though you need more out of what was being said, you can always start your own thread, even if your own post is something like "In this hypothetical scenario how would you react?".

I haven't related to a troll in a long while because they are usually obvious to me. And I just go all eye-rolly!

NewLife4Me Sun 07-Feb-16 23:41:13

Yes, even though that was apparent, I sort of suspected from the lack of info given the OP didn't know much.

Story plausible though, even though other folks may not think so.

You feel like shouting It could be true grin
It's never happened to me, it's quite interesting.

I've noticed a troll but not got involved, not got involved and read about everyone else who did.
When it's obvious it's to start a bun fight it still can carry on for pages, it's interesting when it just phases out or people agree. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now