Talk

Advanced search

I'm getting American advertising on MN the last couple of days ...

(7 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

LovelyFriend Thu 21-Jan-16 14:01:04

for Hilary Clinton & Oakwood accommodation.
I'm in London.

Is everyone seeing the Clinton campaign/Oakwood adverts?

FruStefanOla Thu 21-Jan-16 15:33:18

Have you been reading about American politics elsewhere on the internet?

MN 'hosts' a couple of AdChoices (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdChoices) ad spaces - it is an income stream for MN.

Whatever you've been searching for and/or reading elsewhere might appear in the AdChoice space on MN.

If you think the ads are dodgy, or whatever, then report it to MNHQ.

LovelyFriend Thu 21-Jan-16 16:07:56

Thanks Fur - possibly as I do read online articles about the US candidates at the moment.

It just seemed odd as it comes up on the MN front page - the top banner I normally thought was controller by MN - (rather than the side ads which are usually whatever shoes or handbag I've been googling after reading S&B threads).

FruStefanOla Thu 21-Jan-16 16:12:01

The AdChoices ads the ones with the little blue triangle arrow in the right hand corner. Sometimes the arrow is visible, but sometimes it isn't. I've attached a screenshot. Hope you can see it - just above the top E of EE?

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Jan-16 16:12:17

Hi LovelyFriend - is there a little triangle on the ad in the top right corner? If there is, this is an Ad Choices ad, as Fru has said.

Are you happy to post a screenshot? Then we can take a look for you.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Jan-16 16:21:06

Ooh sorry, x-post Fru.

LovelyFriend Thu 21-Jan-16 16:24:28

thanks all

They have or course 'gone' now but if they come back I will look for arrow/screens hot. It just seemed so odd and incongruous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now